Can't open my own thread

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CHRIME

CHRIME
  • Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

I don't know why but I cannot open my trip report thread. Every other thread I can open without a problem but if I want open my own thread for make an update the side load load load till it comes 504 Gateway Time-out

#2 viking675

viking675
  • Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

it is not only you ... i experienced the same problem trying to access your thread... but if you go to page 2 then it opens but page 1 cannot be accessed ...

#3 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:17 AM

Its probably Nongs sponsor , he hacked the system and hes trying to fry your trip report.

#4 CHRIME

CHRIME
  • Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

Its probably Nongs sponsor , he hacked the system and hes trying to fry your trip report.

:redcard: @sponsor

Hope the problem goes away quickly.
If not I take :ang3:

#5 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

I opened the thread by clicking on page 2 , but could not post. It just went to 504 Gateway Time-out

#6 CHRIME

CHRIME
  • Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

yeah thats also my problem. Strange.

#7 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

I don't have the power to fix this problem (AFAIK). Trying to get someone to address the problem. I have no idea how long that will take though. I think there maybe something corrupt in the link. Hopefully I will get some feed back. Sorry 'bout that.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#8 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

This problem is almost certainly caused by the length of time it takes the photos to download from image shack. Previously I have also made this same mistake when linking a number of pictures using the function, four or five images within the same page is ok, but any more than that it becomes an issue especially if the file size is quite large.

#9 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Good diagnosis pentire!

Chrime the solutions you can try would be a) resize your photos on image shack so they download fast enough for the forum to access the images, or b) break the link to the image shack photos, then you can open page 1 and edit the posts to upload resized photos directly. The optimum size for most forums is 800x600.

Great photos and I hope you can sort this problem out!

#10 CHRIME

CHRIME
  • Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

Ok, I understand. Please delete the topic. I will start again with smaller size pictures next time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci