Yodsanklai, Muay thai boxing champ

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

This is the thai champion and current world champion in his weight division, i think he is 78kg.

Awesome kicker, he trains at fairtex sports complex in pattaya, near the dolphin roundabout.
You can watch him train daily,
Usually afternoon time, 3 till 5pm, i mean what else are you doing in pattaya at that time ?

#2 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

You can even train yourself, if your up to the challenge :?:

1 visit cost 800 baht, or morning + afternoon 1200 baht, if you just take an afternoon session, you'll probably meet yodsanklai, even spar with him if your any good !

Training times are 8-10am and 3-5pm, get there early to change, maybe 30-45minutes, that is time enough including gym warm-up, then you get an 1 on 1 with a personal instructor, great fun and highly recommended

#3 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Some of my personal photo's taken only last month

Attached Files

• Attached File  13.jpg   43.38KB   972 downloads
  • Attached File  12.jpg   42.6KB   972 downloads
  • Attached File  9.jpg   42.15KB   972 downloads
  • Attached File  8.jpg   50.41KB   972 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   55.74KB   972 downloads
  • Attached File  10.jpg   60.12KB   970 downloads

#4 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

http://www.fairtexpattaya.com/

Think this link takes u to their address

#5 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the informative detailed report Whiplash... ;-)

There's a fair few Forum members who are into Muay Thai Boxing, this information should prove extremely useful for them.... 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#6 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

Interesting stuff....I had a few days Muay Thai training back in 2006 at the Tony Gym before deciding it was perhaps a little late in life to be embaking on this type of activity.

I went back to the tredmill :blush:

#7 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Whiplash did you also get to meet "Yuk" one of Yodsanklai's training partners, a giant of a Man by Thai standards and a true gent. I spent some time talking with both at Fairtex Pattaya, not long after Yodsanklai had won the Contender Muay Thai championships .
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

#8 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

Whiplash did you also get to meet "Yuk" one of Yodsanklai's training partners, a giant of a Man by Thai standards and a true gent. I spent some time talking with both at Fairtex Pattaya, not long after Yodsanklai had won the Contender Muay Thai championships .

No mate i never, but met 'ted' every day i trained.

Here is a good interview with Yod

#9 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

Part 2 of interview with Yodsanklai

#10 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

I thought this was a great fight, between Yod and Rafik.

I even thought Rafik was gonna win up until (04;10) punch put him down,

And then the killer knee into the chest, totally winded him (08:31) 8)

Goodnight Rafik...

#11 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

Is this the guy you mean 'Tel' ?

This short vid, shows Yak give Yod a good front kick across the ring, at 30seconds, and at 2:05seconds, you get to see an awesome display, a x31 powerful left leg kick combination.

In real Muay Thai, Yod is devastating, in some of his YouTube fights they don't fight pure 'thai' ..Ie, No elbows or knee strikes, thats 50% of his game plan

#12 BigTel

BigTel
  • Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLinda Bar

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hi Whiplash
Yes that's Yuk, that front kick of His looks fully loaded, those training left leg kick combinations of Yod are impressive not just the speed and focus but the sheer power behind every one of them.

cheers Tel :cheers:
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci