• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ladedaa69

ladedaa69
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

I did search - honest

I googled and from what I read UK is part of the Exemption for Visas.

Can I just confirm this is the case? I`d hate to have mis read and fuck everything up for having looked at an out of date webpage!!

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

It's kind of correct.

As a UK citizen and British Passport holder you are not required to hold a visa when entering Thailand for tourist purposes. But you will only be granted 30 days stay with an entry stamp..

If you are looking to stay longer than 30 days you WILL need a visa, which you can obtain at a Thai Embassy.

You can get an extension of up to 15 days on the entry stamp once you are in country, ie from the Jomtien immigration office, or by making a visa run. But it's easier and safer to have you days covered before you head out.

UK Thai embassy site http://www.thaiembas...rsion/index.php

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:21 AM

And just to add to Kliome....your passport must have atleast 6 months vaildity on it, otherwise you may be refused entry.
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#4 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

And just to add to Kliome....

.. and an onward ticket.

... although I've never been asked to provide proof.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#5 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

The free tourist visa program is to end on March 5:
http://www.thaivisa....-5-t336015.html

This will not affect the free 30 day entry stamp you get at the airport just the tourist visa.

I have been told that the immigration office in Jomtien is much more likely to give a 7 days extension for the 30 day entry stamp instead of 15 days as in the past. :wnkr:
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#6 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

For any and all UK visa enquiries I suggest you deal with the Royal Thai Consulate in Hull, they are the most user friendly one. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

#7 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

This will not affect the free 30 day entry stamp you get at the airport just the tourist visa.

I have been told that the immigration office in Jomtien is much more likely to give a 7 days extension for the 30 day entry stamp instead of 15 days as in the past. :wnkr:

Same I was told on our Thai Consulate, we only have 15 days Visa on Arrival so I must get Tourist visa every time. She almost didn't want to give me one for free and she told me to come next month… luckily I was stubborn SOB and she gave-up first. :angel:

BR

p.s.
It just crossed my mind; I got freebie from Thai Government, cool. Breezy would be proud of me… :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 funkymunky80

funkymunky80
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

I'm slightly confused after reading the first post in the thread. If i'm reading it right there getting rid of free tourist visa's after March 5 and the big list of countries were previously eligable for free visa's. Is that right or am I just not understanding it? Say if I leave oz for a two week stay I need to pay for a visa or not?

#9 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

I'm slightly confused after reading the first post in the thread. If i'm reading it right there getting rid of free tourist visa's after March 5 and the big list of countries were previously eligable for free visa's. Is that right or am I just not understanding it? Say if I leave oz for a two week stay I need to pay for a visa or not?

No.

The 30 days on arrival entry stamp for selected countries is free of charge.
That includes Australia, NZ, USA and the European Union plus a few others.

#10 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

To make it clearer.

Certain countries get a free tourist stamp on entry to Thailand, usually 15 or 30 days - these are not visas- so to speak.

If you stay longer than 30 days or for non tourist purposes you would need a visa. Last year, to boost tourism, Thailand started offering free and discounted tourist visas.

So, now they are taking away the free/discount offer and you will have to pay again for these visas. But the entry stamp rule still remains unchanged.

In addition, you were previously able to get a 7 days extension on your tourist visa from the Jomtien immigration office - and to boost tourism, last year they started offering longer extentions - eg, half the length of your entry stamp - so 30 day stamps got 15 day extensions. Now it seems they are reverting back to the standard 7 day extension.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci