More to Change flight than rebook!!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

I guess this is more of rant than anything. Thaiair cancelled it's LA to BKK non-stop, so for $100 bucks I cancelled and rebooked on EVA for my November trip, as they weren't sure what the flight schedule would be like yet. Ok, $100 bucks no problem.

I then went to change my US Air flight from PHX to LA, which cost me $145 total to book it. They wanted a $150 dollars to change the ticket, plus the change in fare for a total of $$350 dollars (on top of what I already paid them!!) If I rebook from scratch it would only cost me $220 dollars.

Southwest doesn't book this far in advance, but current rates put me at only $158 dollars. God I hate these US Airlines, with bullshit like this some of them deserve to go out of business and I hope they do! :evil:

#2 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

There is no such thing as customer service in the US airline industry. Southwest probably comes the closest though.

#3 AdventureDude

AdventureDude
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

Currently stuck in San Francisco for an extra day. My flight from Denver was delayed almost 90 minutes. Ten of us were on the flight and were told to hurry to the gate. We were rushed to a shuttle and told the flight was being held for us. We raced to the gate only to find out that the flight had left 10 minutes earlier (on time). For 10 people they couldn't have waited 10 minutes?????

To add insult to injury we got NOTHING other than rebooked the next day on the same flight - it was "weather related". We were referred to some service where we apparently got a 'discount' on a hotel near the airport. There was no shuttle to the hotel.

Extra cost to me:
Hotel: $95
Lunch at Wendy's: $8
Dinner: $21
Taxi 2 ways: $30
Total: $157

Last flight I'll take on United..... :x

#4 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

#5 gaz

gaz
  • Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

thats why u have such a thing as travel insruance :wink:

#6 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:24 AM

All airlines treat fair paying punters like shit, i agree with hoot, id like to see some of those filthy cunts go out of business, especially easyjet in the UK
They are the worst ever bullshit airline

Guess you havent flown Ryanair lately then.....? :shock:

anyone who flys with easyjet is a 1st class moron

Guess that makes me a moron then Panther - all be it a 1st class one. I fly with them 6 days on 3 days off, up to four flights a day - then again I am crew for them.

I also dont appreciate you wishing un-employment on some of my closest and best friends.

You are entitled to your own opinions PP, but I would politely ask that you remember that you dont know the personal lives of alot of the BM's here, including where they work, and your comments could, and have, caused offence. We work damn hard, and have revolutionised the way us Brits travel around Europe. I dont know your circumstances, but you've obviously just caught us on a bad day which does happen from time to time. Then again, it also happens with every single other airline out there.

If we are such a "bullshit" airline, or "Cunts" as you put it, I wonder how we manged to win OAG's "Best Low Cost Airline of the Year" Award then..... :?:

#7 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:42 AM

Indeed FatBoy, I too take exception to PP's widely remarked rude comment. Easy Jet are a regular source of transport to me when I travel to Malaga & Prague. Thus far they have never let me down although due to my lack of planning, I am not very organised when it comes to obtaining thier advertised low cost fares :(

#8 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:50 AM

Up until recently I couldn't say a bad word about Easyjet or Ryan air, they really changed the way we travel around europe.

I've had tickets to Spain and Italy cheaper then a day return to London from East Anglia.

I can put up with a bit of rudeness, hustle and cattle prodding if it means getting dirt cheap flights.

The only sad thing is the way they have started to restructure the pricing, with all the hidden costs and add-ons. I know fuel prices and taxes have gone up big time but it's a shame they can't be more upfront about it rather than trying to make the flights look cheaper and yet complicating the booking and check-in process with endless new rules and penalties.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#9 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:11 AM

I know your post wasn't aimed at me Fatboy, but I started it with my rant. For the record, I was pissed at the situation and don't wish anybody has to hit the unemployment line. I actually have friends that work at the very airline I was leveling, and I was raised by a Pilot and Stewardess (back in the day they were Stewardess and not cabin crew :D ) Just wanted you to know...no true ill will at my end.

Still, I think if they handled things better, and got some non-airline folks in to run it, things would be so much better.

Southwest, for those who don't know, a low cost carrier in the US (the best in the biz in my view) has announced they are adding 9 new flights, and adding 15 new planes for the year. This, while the rest of the US carriers are cutting flights and removing planes from rotation.

Southwest has been known as the best in the business at hedging fuel prices on the open market, and now that has come home to help them blow away the competion. Southwest said their fuel prices are locked in till something like 2012....they won't have to raise prices based on fuel.Why couldn't the other airlines hedge their fuel positions?

#10 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

#11 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

#12 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

If you don't like my opion, then tough shit, anyone who works for those two airlines is a 1st class moron with honours :arrow:

So put that in ya pipe and smoke it fatboy :wink: And your soon be going to another shite airline in BA, they are also expensive and vastly overated...

My opions are GOSPEL

You know PP, I usaually try and stay above the fray when it comes to this kind of stuff....

However I hope you are just trying to stir the pot in a fun fashion with Fatboy. I know forum posts aren't able to show the good natured teasing that one could do in person, but your last post really seamed to not only be insulting to his company, but also him personally. Your opinion is your opinion on his company, but insulting the man himself is uncalled for, and a bad show :cry: Hopefully I read it wrong, and you were just stirring the pot for some fun :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci