Pattaya Bay Resort vs LK Renaissance

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

Keep in mind, the following is only my opinion. Started the week in the PBR then, after spending the night in BKK, came back to Pattaya and checked in to the LK Renaissance on Soi Diana. I have nothing negative to say about the PBR; fine hotel, nice accommodations. However, for less money, I believe that the quality and location of the LK are far superior. You can judge for yourself by the following photos. My guests all concurred with me.

Attached Files

#2 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

Some exterior and pool shots at LK.

Attached Files

#3 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:31 AM

Hey slappy, nice pics.

For me they both look very good, the pool at the LK looks really nice too. Are the rooms you stayed in 'Standard' rooms?

Standards look very good, but for me I can trade quality for location to a certain extent.

Which is most convenient in terms of accessing our desired destinations?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#4 mike3369

mike3369
  • Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:35 AM

Hmmm now i have 3 too choose from these and Sandy Spring . I like the beach Location of Sandy . But these rooms look much nicer ...

#5 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hey slappy, nice pics.

Which is most convenient in terms of accessing our desired destinations?

They're both across 2nd Road. PBR about a 5 min walk to La Bamba and Stringfellows. LK more centrally located between Soi Yamato and sexy Soi 6. For me there's no choice, it will be LK all the way. Neither room was 'Standard', both were an upgrade. As you can see the LK had a party tub which PBR had no bath. If you're in to the pool thing PBRs is also nice on top of the roof. Although when I went there it was always full of frogs (not the amphibians, Frenchmen) wearing those freekin speedos. Come on guys, if you're not really on a swim team that's not a good look :oops:

#6 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

Have you a link to the LK or did Kliome post that on another thread ? I'm seriously thinking of upgrading from the Jasmine next trip. It should be a shorter trip so I can afford to spend more money on a decent hotel.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#7 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Yes those deluxe rooms at LK are fab, infact I was checking the place out when Slappy joined me for a tour. Definitely a notch or two up from PBR although the rooms depicted here are 3500 per night. smaller standard rooms are perfectly adequate at 2500.

#8 slappy111

slappy111
  • Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

At the LK I had a Deluxe A, in case you want to book the same type of room. As PT mentioned, although their Rack Rate is higher, if you mention that you know the 'Mayor' they'll give you a discount. All in I was under 3,000 baht per night.

www.lkpattayahotel.com
Phone; 0 3872 0720
renaissance@lkpattaya.com

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

Just had a thought...
- slappy refers to the LK Renaissance
- kliome refers to the LK Pavillion

Is this the same hotel or different? - Or is it just that I'm a muppet :roll:

:mrgreen:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#10 mike3369

mike3369
  • Members
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

Hey Kermit :lol: :lol: Slappy is talking about the LK Renaissance which is a part of the LK chain they have i think 4 or 5 hotels in Patts . Kim refers to LK Pavillion way back on 3rd road ....

See you at Sandy Springs i just booked up and at 1600 you cant go wrong but i will be checking out the LK Ren at some point.

#11 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:49 AM

Bollocks, it appears my muppet status has finally been revealed
- Thanks Mike :lol:

Sandy Spring is where I'll be going too, at least initially. Will make a booking later this week :D

Meum cerebrum nocet

#12 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:13 AM

At the LK I had a Deluxe A, in case you want to book the same type of room. As PT mentioned, although their Rack Rate is higher, if you mention that you know the 'Mayor' they'll give you a discount. All in I was under 3,000 baht per night.

www.lkpattayahotel.com
Phone; 0 3872 0720
renaissance@lkpattaya.com

Cheers Slappy , not sure I want to pay that much but will check it out though.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci