• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hi

I need to get to Hua Hin from BKK.

I've heard there is a train that goes there.

My questions:

Is there only one train station in BKK (dont want to turn up to wrong station)

Do I need to book in advance?

Anyone know of the time table?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:36 PM

Hua-lumpong is the main train station, and everythnig seems to go from here.

I think there very regular trains going to Hau Hin daily, but no ideas of times. From what I remember there are Express, Diesel Express and Rapid leaving almost every hour from midday.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

Cheers mate.

If they are every hour, then I'll just turn up!

Hope I don't the train that stops at every bloody stop!!

#4 Dave67

Dave67
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

if you go to hua Hin go by bus or taxi , what ever you do dont go by train , have nice trip to Hua Hin

#5 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

Could you expand on why you feel like that Dave.

Also:

How much will a taxi be? What type will I need? The expensive ones at the hotel or a regular yellow taxi on the street

Where do I get the bus from?

Cheers,
Ray

#6 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:24 AM

Unlike railways in most other countries, trains in Thailand seem to be the slowest form of transport, but they are usually clean and fairly comfortable.

I would probably go by taxi. I'm not sure of teh price, but I've seen it advertised at most taxi ranks and travel shops. There are severla with boards out around soi 4. I'm think I've seen it advertised at around 1800 (one way) but it would be good if someoen could confirm.

I'd ask a few street taxi's and travlel shops. You're likely to pay a few hundred more from a hotel.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#7 Ric007

Ric007
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

Ray,

There is a van service that goes from Victory Monument to HUA HIN all day long at about 10-15 min intervals. You will be in a 12 person van, with A/C and will take about 2 hrs to get to Hua Hin.

It will drop you off near the starbucks there and from there you can easily find your way around. Costs abour 200 Baht no more.

I have done it many times and it is not too bad.

Ric

#8 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

Ray,

There is a van service that goes from Victory Monument to HUA HIN all day long at about 10-15 min intervals. You will be in a 12 person van, with A/C and will take about 2 hrs to get to Hua Hin.

It will drop you off near the starbucks there and from there you can easily find your way around. Costs abour 200 Baht no more.

I have done it many times and it is not too bad.

Ric

I think two hours is extremely optomistic - its about 250 km south of BKK - I have NEVER done it in less than 3 hours and thats moving it in my own car.

But I agree - the train is extremely slow - stopping pretty much everywhere but a nice enough expereince - the station at Hua Hin is by Thai standards an extremely attractive station.

Cheers
Mardhi

#9 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

I took the Van once from Nana and with a 20 minute stop it took close to 4 hours however, that was five years ago.
The return journey took 40 minutes because I used the light aircraft service to Don Muang.

#10 Ric007

Ric007
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

Mardhi,

I have done it over 10 times and its never taken me more then 2.5 hours. Mind you, they are thai they drive like crazy, also maybe the times i have gone there was relatively little traffic.

Anyways, the duration is not the point. The point is, its safe and cheap.

Ric

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci