• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rugbyjock75

rugbyjock75
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:44 AM

hi lads,
i will be in BKK in about 5weeks yahoo..
anyways as i have mentioned befoer on diff thread i am getting into bkk at 2.10am on sat morning. so hopefully get out of airport quickly only bringin 1bag if thats any good as plan just buy clothes there cause it so cheap.anyways from reading different threads nana paza carpark the psot ofr action in the early hours of the morning so i was thinking of rather stay in dyanasty or nana hote what ye recommend?? but since seeing post today about where guess bar is ans see from a map put on by koykaeng the landmask hotel is right there.so what ye think!!
i want a place where i wont be to embarssed walking in with a Lb i sure though the hotels have seen it all though!!
basically place real near to the action and go get my ass early in the morning and back to the hotle happy days...
is the best thing to do at a guess is 4am in the morning is going with freelancers as i gather all the bars will be closed?
so walk around the carpark and see wahts happening.
thanks lads any tips will be great
Been there done that

#2 rugbyjock75

rugbyjock75
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:47 AM

holy fuck..
checked prices for those to place ie.
landmark hotel and marrion hotel,
1st is 10400baht a nite
and the other is $200 a nite!!1
thats like nearly 12lbs ha...
Been there done that

#3 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:10 AM

I'd stick with your first choice niether would bat an Eye with an attractive LB on your arm, although you might have left it a little late to get a room at either during high season. Personally I prefer the Dynasty Grande which is about 5 mins walk from Nana Plaza and 10 mins from the Guess Bar, it normally has rooms available, it is a little more expensive than the other two but nice rooms for the price. bah still 10 weeks to go :(

#4 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:34 AM

When would you say off season starts? And what does that mean in terms amount of lb´s at the bars? When is Sonkran and do they work during that time?
Is there action 24/7 around Nana?
I´m staying at DIG, coming in mid march.
Thanks
Rick

#5 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

go to the tunnel in between soi 5 and soi 7 and ya will find plenty of lbs there. Head for Guilevers and you will find it no problem. And its defo open for a late Beer.

But stay in NANA , everyon e has to do it once!

#6 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:55 AM

:D so many questions,l

Low Season starts around May 1st just means that in some areas the prices goes down on hotel rooms a little and there are less tourists. I havent really noticed a drop in the number of LB's around in off season, about the only noticable problem I have found is because there are less tourists the ladies can be a little more aggressive towards getting the business. (Although if you can survive Casanova's then off season is a breeze :twisted:

Songkran offical dates are April 13th thru 15th Although they normally start a few days earlier. Yes they do work and almost all Thai's go out and get drunk. (Think of it as the same thing we do on the New Year.) The offical celebration is meant to be paying respect to family and elders but its now more of a 3 day water fight and then people go home for a few days to be with families. My personnel experience is that some of the bars get quiet the week after the festival and then it returns back to normal. (Remember April is the hottest month in Thailand.)

Around Nana things tend to slow around 3am although if you search the threads there are many areas where the LB/GG go after work to party and eat.

#7 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:46 AM

April hottest? I thought later....being lightskinned european that will be tough.
I get in at 6 am, so its the bed i guess, nothing going on that time.

Thanks for your info.

#8 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hi Richard1, April is by far the hottest month of the year, with average BKK temps of 34C and highs in the 40C range :D May comes a close second but can be a great deal wetter. (Rainfall April is around 5cm in May it jumps to 21cm) Having said that its not to bad when your in the shade and just gives an excuse to drink more cold ones. (Not sure if I'd want to hit the beach in April.) 8)

#9 mhk7840

mhk7840
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

I always stay at the president park apartments on soi24 , a five minute taxi ride to the action, but a really nice apartments, no hastle, no charge for extra people in room. check out the website www.presidentpark.com
-Mike the American LB Hunter

#10 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

Looks really nice. 7500 for 3 days/2 nights. Abit more than 2280 at the DIG i was planning on staying at. Hmmm, is this walking distance from nep? Btw , is DIG walking distance to nep?

#11 matchman

matchman
  • Members
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

DIG is about 400 meters from NEP so yes its walking distance :D

If you stay at DIG try and get a room in the first building, less of a walk and the bathrooms are better with the shower glassed in, rather than the second building with the shower open. Oh and make sure DirtyMike isnt in the room next door :twisted: as the noise might keep you awake.

#12 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:15 AM

Ok, thanks, i´ll remember that. You think i need to pay ahead with my creditcard or can i book and pay once i get there?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci