Grand Mercure Park Avenue Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tdpd61

tdpd61
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:38 PM

HI...I have a good offer from Grand Mercure Park Avenue.Does anyone have any experience whith this hotel?

#2 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

I have stayed here many times - the hotel is good but be carefull what type of rate you book and how you book it if your considering bringing back company for the evening. If you book the room on Accorhotels.com just book the double room for 2 people and even when security check (which they often do), they will waive you through. If your booked as a single guest, you will probably have to pay a joiner fee. All the security guy has is a room printout which shows your name and how many people are in the room - he never knows the name of the second guest. If his manifest shows 1 guest I'd expect to have to pay a joiner fee.

The rooms themselves are not to bad (superior) and excellent (Deluxe) as the deluxe rooms were upgraded when they refurbished the hotel. Typically most pictures of the hotel seem to be of the deluxe rooms. The Superior rooms are OK but look a bit old when you compare them to the new product (duvets, lots of nice dark wood, better bathrooms etc).

Personally I stopped using this hotel as I found the Dynasty Grande which for the same price I find to be a much better quality property, bigger and nicer rooms and bathrooms and more intune with the requirements of guys that bring 'guests' back to the hotel.

Cheers
Mardhi

#3 tdpd61

tdpd61
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

tks a lot...me being a general manager of a hotel myself i have gotten a rate of 2200 bath for a deluxe room so I just think I go for it...apreciate ur reply.

#4 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:05 PM

tks a lot...me being a general manager of a hotel myself i have gotten a rate of 2200 bath for a deluxe room so I just think I go for it...apreciate ur reply.

In which case why did you ask the question in the first place :?

#5 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

2200 seems to be about what I used to pay for a deluxe room (+ service 10% + VAT 7%) and frankly the hotel is not as good as the Dynasty Grande which is 2280 baht including VAT and service. Rooms at Dynasty are better, bigger and you are much nearer the action. Dynasty Grande also has free in-room internet connection which the Grande mercure does not. Grande Mercure room service is also poorly done as its done out of a very mediocre Italian restaurant downstairs.

All in all, nothing really wrong with the Grande Mercure, but the Dynasty for the same price is a better bet.

Cheers
Mardhi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci