Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slappy11

slappy11
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:41 AM

Does anyone have any info on this place? It appears to have opened recently. Specifically;

1) Was it called something else before?
2) Location- is it withing walking distance to, and more importantly, from NEP?
3) Is it guest friendly?

Looks like there's a deal on Expedia;

Special Offer from Expedia.com:
$84 -- Brand-New 5-Star Hotel in Bangkok (- 12/31) *
Bangkok, Thailand
Travel dates: November-December

Celebrating the opening of the 5-Star Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel, Expedia has an amazing promotional rate of just $83.62 per night. Best of all, this special is valid during peak season from Nov. 1-Dec. 31. Other luxury properties in Thailand's capital go for well over $200(!)

The Grand Sukhumvit recently opened it's doors in may of 2006. It's conveniently located in the popular shopping and entertainment district and just steps from the Nana BTS Skytrain. Each guestroom is equipped with satellite/cable LCD TVs, high-speed Internet, and seperate shower & tub.

#2 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

Its a brand new hotel on Sukhumvit SOi 6 - just along from the equally new Dynasty Grande. Its probably a 4 minute walk from Nana. Looks very nice from the outside and the rooms will be nicely done if other new sofitels in Thailand are anything to go by.

No idea if its LB friendly but probably will be however for my money your better off in the Dynasty Grande which is an excellent quality property and totally focused on the whoremonger market whereas the Sofitel is targeted at the high end leisure and corporate travellers.

Cheers
Mardhi

#3 dirtyfinger

dirtyfinger
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:36 AM

Guest it depends what you are in Bangkok for, to live in luxury and get a tan like a rich tourist or on covert missions. :twisted: :twisted:

I only go to Bangkok for front and back pussy :lol: :lol: and Nana Hotel has everything I need. I have LCD TV, HP internet etc at home and personally don't see the reason paying for this in Thailand but its your choice. I heard of this hotel a friend of mine from work had stayed there a couple of months ago and they are not guest friendly which was embrassing for him and his guest, he had to pay extra/upgrade.

Hope this helps
Girl Pussy Is GoodPussy but LB Pussy is SweetPussy...all HAIL the PROMISE LAND (Thailand)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci