Photo

Thailand travel entry back to normal from July this year?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 07:33 PM

It seems Thailand are planning to declare an endemic in July (2022).

https://www.bangkokp...demic-from-july

Previously, I've been skeptikal, there's been so fannying about and broken promises, it's often been one step forward and two back. But unlike other times there's a different feeling and vibe in Thailand, and I feel like this is realistic.

To back it up, Surin seems to be the test dummy and has begun an endemic status as of today https://www.bangkokp...-endemic-status

But what does endemic mean in terms of visiting Thailand?

That should definietly mean no more masks during day to day life, no closed business, no lockdowns, and no curfews. Essentailly, no covid specific rules. althuogh they may still require masks at mass gatherings. So hopefully that means bars and gogos back to before (in Pattaya we are already seeing bars staying open past midnight and girls dancing in gogos).

In terms of travel. that should (fingers crossed), mean no more covid travel rules, no quarantines, and back to pre covid entry. They are already limitig the tests, quarantine, and insurance needs.

If things go to plan, travellers who can prove they are vaccinated won't need any covid tests from June, (at the time of writing you don't need a test to board your flight, but do need test on entry to Thailand).  And as of July, no one (including unvaccinated) will need tests at any point.

4250743.jpg

It's probably not time to be booking any non refundable/changeable flights just yet, but flying to Thailand hassle free by the Autumn/Winter seems realistic.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 08:48 PM

A key figure to watch for is the number of new Covid 19 cases after Songkran. If there is no, or a minor increase I think the odds are good all entry testing requirements will be lifted for June. If there are significantly increasing numbers of infections after Songkran, then there will be a further delay.

:cnd:

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 08:57 PM

There are conflicting reports one whether Songkran will be water free. They did initaily say there would be no water chucking allowed, but now some are reporting 'light water sprinkling' will be allowed...

I have not missed songkran, one bit.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 Kurtzkafka

Kurtzkafka
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:34 AM

Ah Songkran, definitely wont miss getting freezing cold water sprayed on me and tiny plastic water bags pelting me. Oh and the wonderful baby powder in my eyes while driving a motorbike on slick roads shivering hyterically.

#5 Kurtzkafka

Kurtzkafka
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:35 AM

If the Thai government does indeed cancel all the protocols, I know where my next holiday will be ;)

#6 Escierto

Escierto
  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 07:45 AM

It wasn’t super difficult to enter the Philippines last month (proof of vaccination, negative covid test, medical insurance proof and health pass registration) but it was a bit of a pain in the neck. When I return in July to see my girl I hope they have followed Thailand’s direction and eliminate a lot of the paperwork.

#7 DebbieCamarena

DebbieCamarena
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2022 - 09:02 PM

PETTI I followed the instructions but don't know how to make this work - is there a way you can PM me on discord and help me find it? I can confirm I've subscribed - can link you a copy of my receipt or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci