First time to thailand. Advice needed.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

Ok guys been a pleasure talking to you guys. 

I'm heading to phuket for my first thai adventure(yes i know some are saying dont go to phuket) I want to try to avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that most first timers make.

So this is where you seasoned pros come in.

Any advice you can give will be gratefully taken.

Sort of things would be best bars, best places to pick up lbs and gals (spyder has been amazing so far with this)

what i should watch out for etc

#2 td1

td1
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

best piece of advice, don't rush into anything, take your time, enjoy....and negotiate.

• longinius likes this

#3 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

thats why i am going for 21 days

#4 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

-Don't make too tight plans before, they are not going to work anyway. Go with the flow.

-Don't pay too much for girls, you can't buy respect but they just think you're a fool.

-Don't drink too much alcohol. Every man knows his limit, only few can handle it. Being too drunk attracts problems.

-Don't drink and drive. 

-Don't do drugs. If you get caught, you will be so deep shit that you can't believe it.

-Don't fight or lose your temper. Ever. Better lose face or pay yourself out of trouble. Specially when we speak about thai men, you CAN'T win them. No matter if you are toughest MotherFcer on planet, they just keep coming with crowds until they defeat you.

-Use CONDOM. Always. No matter how nice girl is, how horny you are, how unpleasant is to use them. Use condom.

And most important... HAVE FUN :)

• larrylarry, Spyder Rocket, td1 and 1 other like this

#5 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

all good advice the only concrete plan i have is spending 4 days up in bangkok and availing myself of the hospitality of why not

#6 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:25 AM

It really depends on the primary purpose of your trip.

If you want some good time at the beach, then go to Phuket.

If it is just chasing ladyboys, then you'll want to be in BKK and Pattaya.

#7 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

its a bit of both to be honest spyder, i lost my mom 5 years ago and it really deflated me, so havent had a holiday in 5 years. so relax in phuket then up to bangkok for fun

#8 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

Patong is were the majority of the ladyboy action is on Phuket.

However, I don't consider Patong to be a relaxing place. It can be very annoying if you are looking for peace and quiet.

As mentioned in another thread, transportation is a pain in the ass in Phuket.

If you are comfortable riding a motorbike, then rent a motorbike and go exploring.

If you've never ridden a motorbike and are nervous in crazy traffic, then maybe consider someplace other than Phuket.

Here is something I wrote about motorbikes: https://ladyboyforum...882-motorbikes/

If you rent something like a Honda Click, don't pay more than 200 Baht per day.

Always wear a helmet and be ready for the police checkpoint on Patong-Karon hill.

Chalong circle is nuts the first time you drive through it. Also, they are building a bypass tunnel under Chalong and there is plenty of dirt and loose gravel to watch out for.

Rawai has some ladyboy action and it isn't hectic like Patong. It has a rocky beach, but you can rent a motorbike and go to Nai Harn.
  • P&G likes this

#9 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

well with that app you gave me i can get a private cab

#10 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

any idea if it will cost a lot to get a phone in thailand that can use that app and airtime?

#11 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

any idea if it will cost a lot to get a phone in thailand that can use that app and airtime?

You can buy a Thai SIM card for your phone at the airport, provided you have an "unlocked phone". Get a True Move or AIS card and put about 500 baht on it, that will get you through a month.

#12 longinius

longinius
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:26 AM

i was thinking of buying a cheapie as i will be back out there in nov/dec and going to bangkok or pattaya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci