The 'Life' is steadily disappearing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 malibu515

malibu515
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

The signs are stark and readily apparent. The death of Stringfellows, The demise of C&D's, the constant bar raids, Beach Road freelances gone, Soi Six hours cut, star quality diminished, and expensive encounters the rule. Interest has waned. Even this forum has much fewer viewers and contributors.From what it was when I first went nine years ago, the scene is a shadow of its amazing former self.
It's sad for those who are making their first trip now. Expats will tell you the story best.

#2 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

It all depends on what today's newbies are looking for when they go to Thailand. Do they want to visit ladyboys bar or do they want to find ladyboys and have fun with them ? I am not convinced that the business is going down, the business is just changing. Ladyboys are just no longer connected to bars. Once we find a good one, we can still invite her for a drink in a bar without paying crazy fees anyway. 

#3 malibu515

malibu515
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:08 AM

For a newbie, the bars are an easy introduction. The Ladyboys on the stage, exhibit their wares and there is safety in bar dining. Dating sites and free lancers can pose dangers to the uninitiated.

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Unfortunately malibu515, some bars are changing to an all in one pricing for the lady - bar fine and her fee all in one. This is predatory pricing, and also makes it more likely that an lb's performance may not be as enjoyable if she already has the money up front vs: being paid after the encounter. (Of course she probably sees it as preventing a customer from skipping out of paying).

In my view the Thailand lb scene is evolving into something different. Whether this will be better than the old bar system will remain to be seen. One example of how things changed was Singapore. Bugis Sreet was notorious for lbs in the 70's and 80's, then the government cleaned it up, and the tourist numbers to that area dropped.

• MrDragon and Hard News like this

:cnd:

#5 malibu515

malibu515
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

Today I read they are tearing down the neon signs on walking street

#6 P&G

P&G
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:19 AM

For a newbie, the bars are an easy introduction. The Ladyboys on the stage, exhibit their wares and there is safety in bar dining. Dating sites and free lancers can pose dangers to the uninitiated.

I had encountered danger with a ladyboy from a bar I had believed to be the safest for a farang. I had received PMs giving me more details about the underground activity of the bar. I decided then to follow my own inclination to deal with independant ladyboys and it works. It's also very usefull in other Asian countries.

I noticed that people of British culture prefer to pick up in bars It's probably due to their habits not going to the pub after work. I am sorry for those who see bars closing . They will have to adapt to the new deal or keep on living in the past and dream of the good old days.

#7 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationon the Gulf of Mexico

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

sad to me about Stringfellows, if that's the one where the girls carried up front, love them bulges. It's why we are not in GG bars right? no one else seems to get that. Maybe I'm wrong. It's like the kids here where I live now, want it easy, not much relationship to reality unless it's virtual or augmented or some such bullshit. Anytime I've contacted some girl in Bkk on TF they want stupid money. Then they bitch about liar man. HEY, you say you want 3500 or more so he says ok, gets there, you give lackluster performance or don't look as good as the pics or any number of things and he won't pay it. And HE is the liar. Patters used to be THE place for a 700 baht session.  It's changed? Hard to believe.

• MrDragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci