Surin Beach - Phuket?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

I was thinking about scouting Surin Beach sometime soon, not necessarily for LBs, but while I'm there I wouldn't mind checking out a bar or two.

If I find anything worth mentioning, I'll follow up with a post, but in the meanwhile does anyone know of any bars with LBs in Surin Beach?

#2 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:24 AM

Hi Spyder.

Surin Beach was my favorite beach for a long time. An oasis of laid-back tranquility from the din of Patong. I used to absolutely love riding my motorbike over there and spending wonderful days in the sun solo, or with an LB in tow.

There used to be some really nice oceanfront bars and restaraunt a right on the sand. There is a rock outcropping on the far end that used to be the location of a tiki-style beach shack bar. Great music with a sweeping view of the entire beach (see one of my TR'S for photos).

On my last trip, the military regime had obliterated all the beach bars. No more sun beds or umbrellas for rent. There were bars and restaurants on the opposite side of the street. Still nice views, but it lost something. When I was there, the carnage of all the demolition was piled up on the shore. That's probably been cleaned up I'm sure.

My biggest disappointment was the loss of a chic oceanfront bar (name forgotten) that had the coolest vibe of all. Under sweeping palm trees, the bar, the furniture, the staff....we're all adorned in white, but during the night all accent lighting was blue neon. Really a beautiful location and vibe. I would occasionally take an LB from Patong with me.

It was always BYOLB there. There was never a scene, even in the best of days, but of course, nobody would bat an eye, tourist or local, since there seemed to be a vibrant gay presence also.

If you go, please post a man on the ground report. Is love to see what Surin has become.

Surin Nix
  • rxpharm, MrDragon, batman4ever and 1 other like this
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci