Phuket- Muban kalita to Bangla

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 worldtourist67

worldtourist67
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hi Rx, I know. I usually stroll into C&D around d 10pm. By that time its lively. I was just wondering if its possible to be there early.

#14 worldtourist67

worldtourist67
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

Is hiring a bike risky?,Do the cops hassle you? Check for licence, breath analyser etc

#15 Landster

Landster
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

I think it's more unskilled drivers and no insurance, in a few days I have seen two Chinese crash just trying to leave or enter the rental parking area

#16 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:48 PM

Is hiring a bike risky?,Do the cops hassle you? Check for licence, breath analyser etc

The driving here is appalling, no other word for it. There are random checks around town until about 11 p.m. but as i wear a helmet, i haven't been stopped for a long time. 

I think it's more unskilled drivers and no insurance, in a few days I have seen two Chinese crash just trying to leave or enter the rental parking area

The chinese are a real menace. The Gormless twats weave and wobble all over the road, and then just stop, anywhere anytime, to look at their phone or take a selfie. I give them a wide berth. The thais are maniacs but at least they know what they're doing.

• MrDragon, strobriand and Janus like this

#17 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

I've always rented a motorbike, every single time. About $6 US per day. I'm a slowpoke when I ride, and keep well left, minglng with the families and ladies put-putting along. Just don't be in a hurry....and after all, you're on Phuket. What's the hurry anyway?

I appreciate all that Janus wrote, and I'm sorry about your misfortune brother. Like all bikers, I just hope my number doesn't come up, while at the same time driving slow, defensively, and relatively unaltered by excessive alcohol. Never had a problem, and like Janus, I too ride big bikes back home.

Sounds like 1000 baht per day for transportation is within your range, so, just so that and consider it part of the price of going to Thailand.

It's worth it, whatever you decide.
  • strobriand and Janus like this
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci