Phuket- Muban kalita to Bangla

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Drongo

Drongo
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

Hi. I would like advice on How to get from the S.E. of Phuket ( Serenity resort) to Bangla for fun. Best &  Cheapest? How long does it take. I guess its about 10 miles? Cheers in advance. I live in hope!

#2 strobriand

strobriand
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hire a motorcycle for 150 baht per day. That is what I paid may be a bit more in other places

#3 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Just be aware of the risk driving motorbikes here. After 2 bad accidents first one brain damage and operations in Denmark my son had to come out to get med home 2 years to come back one my feet. 2 time 2 years ago 5 weeks in hospital here and 2 operations.

Now I only go by tuktuk or taxi. Yes it cost a few Bath more to go out and have fun. I have been riding big bikes for more than 30 years in Denmark, but there so many drungs and uskill drivers here. So the risk is to big for me. The cost for a tuk tuk or taxi to Bangla max 500 Bath. Take care and enjoy.

#4 Drongo

Drongo
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

Thankyou Strobriand. Sorry Motorcycles too dangerous, seen so many vids of Thai motorcycle accidents on liveleak that no way I will risk it. I was thinking Tuk or taxi or is there another way? So if anyone can give us an estimate round trip that would be great.

#5 Drongo

Drongo
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

Thankyou Janus 500 baht sounds reasonable for the fun factor:-)  :clapclap:  :harhar:

Not really any idea about prices but the Baht is really cheap at the moment!

#6 strobriand

strobriand
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

Some good points raised about dangers of motorcycles. I have ridden in Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia going on for more than 10 years. I am happy to use taxis where they are accessible but always rode a motorcycle because I could guarantee I was not stoned, drunk or on yabba, so many motorcycle taxis, tuk tuk and taxi drivers drive while off their faces.

My rule of thumb when using public transport and that includes buses is to get close enough to smell the drivers breath and look him in the eyes to see the level of dilation of their pupils etc before taking advantage of their services. 

One of the highlights of my time in Thailand was seeing a bus driver come careening  into a bus interchange off his face on yabba and plowing into a group of pedestrians on the crossing.

#7 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

Serenity Resort is in Rawai, right? It will likely cost 400-500 Bt each way to Patong (and soi Bangla) by taxi or tuk tuk. Will take about 30 minutes.

#8 Drongo

Drongo
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

Thankyou Jimbo Strobriand  and Janus, I guess if I put 900 bht a day that should cover it. :shrug:  Less money to play with, have to bargain harder! Hopefully get there soon.

#9 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

Trust me it will be mony well spend. Fantastic bar and show. I like to come in early have some drinks and chat with the girls. And dont forget to say hallo to Jimbo, just ask for the owner and tell him you are a member here. Nice guy. And have fun in the best bar on Puhket. :cheer:

• MrDragon, jimbo34, Surin Nix and 1 other like this

#10 worldtourist67

worldtourist67
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

Janus how early do you usually enter into C&D. Do you go before 10pm? what time do they open and have a decent number is girls?

#11 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:49 AM

Janus how early do you usually enter into C&D. Do you go before 10pm? what time do they open and have a decent number is girls?

worldtourist67, check this thread: Cocktails and Dreams 2016

:cnd:

#12 Janus

Janus
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

Yes i come in before 10 normaly 9.30 I donĀ“t count the nr. af girls, but there always some one to chat with in the bar and not to many costumers. So the girls have good time to talk wile they prepare for the night. For me its the best time on C&D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci