Accommodation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 14241

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:01 AM

Hello all,
I've been Bangkok since Sunday Sep. 6 and stayed 4 nights at Park Plaza Sukhumvit so far. I like to allocate my traveling budgets more to dining/drinking/night activities than to accommodation, and my usual places are Dynasty hotels and ibis Nana. The reason I chose Park Plaza this time is I got tens of thousands Club Carlson points from my US Bank Visa and wanted to use them all before I close the account next month due to unfavorable benefits changes.
Since I didn't pay for this hotel, my opinion towards this facility (if any may be presented) is without consideration of $.

It's about 100m from BTS Asok (exit 2, I believe). Terminal21 and Soi Cowboy are within walking distance.
However if you use taxi, it's little confusing. It is technically located on Rachadapisek Rd, but drivers often think it's in Huai Kwang area.

Room
I got a corner room on the 14th fl. Per floor plan, it looks like my room is second largest among 8 rooms on this floor. I don't know why they gave a better room to a free rider like me but of course I have no problem with it. It's spacious. The bathroom must be looking good as a girl took several selfies in the bath last night. I've never personally witnessed a girl took a selfie at DIG/Dawin/ibis.

Gym/Pool
Small gym with a shower and pool are on the rooftop. Great views but small. Open 24 hours but the lights turned off at midnight.

Guest policy
No joiner's fee. Lobby is super small and there's no way sneaking into without passing the reception, but it seems like they just don't care who I bring in. The staffs are attentive - always open the door for me and hit the elevator button. But they never asked for my guest's ID. Some of you may like this way, but personally I prefer hotels taking and withholding my guest's ID.
Haven't tried to bring multiple guests concurrently but had no problem bringing in 2 guests in 3 hour span (first guest left before second guest). This place is ladyboy friendly as my guests so far include 2 GG's, 2 posties, 1 preop (Hurray! First preop in 5 years).
  • rxpharm, MrDragon, Platapuss and 1 other like this

#2 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:28 AM

Hello all,
I've been Bangkok since Sunday Sep. 6 and stayed 4 nights at Park Plaza Sukhumvit so far. I like to allocate my traveling budgets more to dining/drinking/night activities than to accommodation, and my usual places are Dynasty hotels and ibis Nana. The reason I chose Park Plaza this time is I got tens of thousands Club Carlson points from my US Bank Visa and wanted to use them all before I close the account next month due to unfavorable benefits changes.
Since I didn't pay for this hotel, my opinion towards this facility (if any may be presented) is without consideration of $.
It's about 100m from BTS Asok (exit 2, I believe). Terminal21 and Soi Cowboy are within walking distance.
However if you use taxi, it's little confusing. It is technically located on Rachadapisek Rd, but drivers often think it's in Huai Kwang area.
Room
I got a corner room on the 14th fl. Per floor plan, it looks like my room is second largest among 8 rooms on this floor. I don't know why they gave a better room to a free rider like me but of course I have no problem with it. It's spacious. The bathroom must be looking good as a girl took several selfies in the bath last night. I've never personally witnessed a girl took a selfie at DIG/Dawin/ibis.
Gym/Pool
Small gym with a shower and pool are on the rooftop. Great views but small. Open 24 hours but the lights turned off at midnight.
Guest policy
No joiner's fee. Lobby is super small and there's no way sneaking into without passing the reception, but it seems like they just don't care who I bring in. The staffs are attentive - always open the door for me and hit the elevator button. But they never asked for my guest's ID. Some of you may like this way, but personally I prefer hotels taking and withholding my guest's ID.
Haven't tried to bring multiple guests concurrently but had no problem bringing in 2 guests in 3 hour span (first guest left before second guest). This place is ladyboy friendly as my guests so far include 2 GG's, 2 posties, 1 preop (Hurray! First preop in 5 years).

Hello all,
Room
Gym/Pool
Guest policy

Good review . I stayed there in a corner room (bathtub and shower ) last year . Found it pretty good also . My estimate is about 200 mtrs from asoke bts . No problem with guests , like you i didnt try multiple guests however .

#3 Princeshow

Princeshow
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

I have stayed in that hotel before with a genuine female. it was a nice place - always making new shapes of towel animals on our bed for example, and near a variety of interesting things. No billing bullshits. So no, I didn't try bringing a guest, but without a guest it was a good place to stay. 

#4 mespicy

mespicy
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

I think this is a great hotel and good location, have stayed here 3 times now and most recently in Nov 2016 never had any problems bringing guests back, and they did take an ID on an overnight, the security guard is usually at the small night reception  and i did notice there were a few ID cards lying on the desk :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci