• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 t8mtom

t8mtom
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hi all,

Its been a great few days trying to read up on the forum, there are so many threads, helpful, intreaging and horny.

Im a first year student at university in the UK studying electrical engineering, during the holidays i would like to plan a visit to bangkok. Im looking for advise on what exuse to give to get away for a week and live the fantasy life. I live at home with parents and family.
Im thinking of saying i have a week of work experience somewhere in the uk and secretly fly off. I have until end of september until we start university again.

What would be the best dates to choose and also i have a budget of £2000 to take, i could stretch a little if needed.

Your advice will be much appreciated.
Thank You

#2 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Why lie to them? Tell them you're young and once you graduate, you might not get a chance to travel.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#3 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

If you're a little shy to just blurt out "BANGKOK!" when you tell your parents that you are taking a short holiday overseas then tell them that Asia has always interested you. If they mention or speak negatively of Bangkok then say it's a gateway so you may have to travel through it.

The bottom line is the more lies or fibs you tell the more you have to remember.

One life Dude so start doing what you want to do. I know that's often easier said than done but things only happen if you make them. Lying to your parents is bad form anyway, just be economical with the truth if need be.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#4 t8mtom

t8mtom
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

I appreciate the responses. Im from a very reserved family u can say. I was born here in the uk whilst parents were born in India. long story short i think i can pull off an exuse like training in engineering department in cambridge somewhere. I am determined to go tho.

How do i go about planning a holiday all by myself. ive been abroad many times but not alone. Is it a good idea to try and meet some fellow british mongers after i get settled in. Will i fit in with them as im slim and young and maybe more handsome ( i swear only joking).
Any info on my budget plans? Want to go in the last week of june or near then.
What about safety concerns like trusting random people, although everyone here seems to het along fine. I mean we can just meet in a local place for drinks etc and c how it goes etc.
honest really sorry if not asking the right questions properly. I appreciate the replys

#5 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

You've got some good advice already from experienced forum members - have a look at these posts: common questions and answers. If there are still things you want to ask after going through those feel free.

Your 2000 pound budget I am assuming that includes airfare? You really don't have to worry about solo travel to LOS - but you need to know a lot of information before traveling or you will fall prey to scams from con men and manipulations by the lbs. Do your research now! 

:cnd:

#6 t8mtom

t8mtom
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:32 PM

Thanks, will start research and reading up now.

#7 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:52 AM

You must tell your parents that you have a job to do in Thailand resp. in Bangkok. You study electrical engineering, hence pretend you have a work to do at AIT (Asian Institute of Technology). Google it, find the department, memorize some names.

Calculate well your expenses. Book a plane ticket - Emirates or Etihad is a good option, although there is a stopover in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Book a good but not expensive hotel near Nana Plaza. Make a list of possible hotels and ask BMs for an opinion. Look for the ladyboy bars in Nana Plaa (True Obsession, Charades - formerly Cascade, Casanova, DC10, Temptation) as well as near Nana Plaza (former Guess Bar, Check Inn bar, Paradise bar). Avoid taking LBs from the street, i.e. freelancers. All ways take a LB to you hotel room. Check her ID with the reception - it is for your protection. There is also a LB bar in Soi Cowboy - Cockatoo.

Do not feel pressured to accept a LB you do not like. If you like a LB in a bar, call her over. Order her a ladydrink and start talking to her. If you like her, start touching her. If you like, start kissing her. If you do not like a LB in the bar at a certain moment, give her a tip, and thank her for her company. Usually the first ladyboy who pressures you to accept her or wants you to buy her a drink, is not the right choice. If a LB asks you "Can I sit / chat with you?" and you do not like her, say "I don't know".

Barfine is 700 baht in Charades (Cascade) and (True) Obsession, 600 baht elsewhere in Nana, 500 baht outside Nana. ST is for 1500 to 2000 baht. Since you are young and probably handsome, you will be able to negotiate on the lower end.

Nick Bullseye

#8 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

I agree with Bullseye about thinking up a plausible lie to explain your presence in Bangkok. If you decide you must lie, then do it right.

Because if something goes wrong and they do find out that you left the country, it is going to make them suspicious as hell. Once their imaginations get running, who's knows what they will think.

Good luck.

#9 t8mtom

t8mtom
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

You guys are amazing!! I mean it. I will take every bit of your advice.

#10 mikel1

mikel1
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

Book a hotel with a safe. Take the bts train from the airport (unless you arrive late at night).
And I would spend at least one day sightseeing (wat pho / wat arun/ khao san rd) get plenty of photo's/ selfies and souvenirs at mbk centre. That'll cover you when you get back hopefully.(Separate camera card for your lb in the room shots!)

#11 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

Make sure you read up on all the newbie scams in LOS. I made my first trip there with limited knowledge of the various scams which really made the trip un-enjoyable. I reached the point where I was ready to cut my trip short just to avoid being caught up with the various scammers.The effort you put into educating yourself about identifying and avoiding scams will make your trip sooo much better.

Be a little careful about what you tell your parents. A week in Cambridge for training is pretty plausible, but there is the risk of other evidence such as passport stamps, receipts and Thai money left in pockets of clothing, email messages etc. Maybe you could tell the parents you saw the flight at such a ridiculously cheap price you couldn't pass up the offer. At least that way if you become sick or injured or have troubles of some sort when you're in LOS your parents can be a help rather than an awkward inconvenience.

#12 mikel1

mikel1
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

If you're fit maybe develop a fanatical interest in muay thai and announce that you're off for a weeks training. You will be kicking arse after all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci