testosterone cardiac problems

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#13 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

This has been very promising info in regard to Zinc supplementation. As a result of this thread, i am now in the process of getting "zinc-jacked" daily with my new bottle of tablets. I will also refrain from turning down a slice of pumpkin pie now and then. Will gve it a couple of months and report back.

It's an intriguing anecdotal report by DC, and interesting as well that scientific research backs up these zinc-related findings.

Nix

#14 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

I love my raw oysters....great for zinc and nearly as good as a mouthful of a ladyboys cum !!

• Surin Nix likes this

#15 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Surin Nix, just be careful not to overdo the zinc. It competes with copper for absorption in the body - so if you overdo the zinc, you'll cause a copper deficiency, This may cause blood disorders, such as low white blood cell counts (increased risk of infection), anemia (low red blood cell count), It can also result in neurological disorders such as irregular coordination due to loss of sensory/spatial perception, muscle weakness and spasticity, and rarely visual loss.

As mentioned the recommended daily allowance of Zinc is 15 mg daily - so don't go too much above that.

• dixon cox and Surin Nix like this

:cnd:

#16 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

Thanks Rx for that great info. So noted. Will do one tablet daily, and no more. Much appreciated!
Nix

#17 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

Surin Nix, there are a lot of drugs you can buy in Thailand without prescription. One of the issues with testosterone is that if customs checks you on entry back to your home country they could confiscate it or maybe charge you as it is highly regulated in most western countries.

Probably don't have to worry. I bought a number of different types of injectable testosterone last trip and none of it was any good. It all ended up in the trash.

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#18 Aces Up

Aces Up
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

However, you would need to eat a lot of pumpkin seeds approx 2.9 mg of zinc per ounce (28 grams), to make up your daily recommended intake of 15 mg. If you are low in zinc taking a tablet is a much easier way to meet your body requirements for zinc.

Also here's a thread about real pharmacies in Thailand, which are less likely to have counterfeit medications for sale.

Yes, you'd have to eat buckets lol. But I find a difference in los or the UK if I eat even a couple of handfuls of seed mix, or nuts. Maybe it just tops off the zinc I get from other foods to give me a boost. I do eat quite healthily.

Good link for the pharmacies thanks. 

Anyone got other anti aging regimes? Especially for energy. 

#19 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

I'm not trying to slam anyone; I know the following might sound as if it is, but that isn't my intent.

If you are over 40, and trying to slow the aging process, it has to include cardiovascular exercise and light strength training on alternate days, and a low calorie diet.

Regardless, of your current weight, when you are in middle age, you got to restrict caloric intake.

No tobacco and go easy on the booze.

I'm not sure about dietary supplements in the form of pills, like vitamins. I've long suspected that they aren't absorbed into the bloodstream very effectively, and I think for the most part the digestive system processes them as waste.

If a person isn't doing the basics of getting exercise and eating right, zinc supplements and pomegranate seeds, aren't going to do a damn thing.

To put it simply:

Eat less, and move around more.

#20 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Not taken as cynical SR, but i would not also assume that we're all a group of overweight tubs who never exercise. I'm in my mid 50's, ran a marathon in my late 40's, and am still active in the gym. But, I, along with some of the other geezers here are having to contend with a simple fact:

Testosterone, despite diet and exercise, WILL diminish. Over time, appreciably:

http://www.healthlin...e-levels-by-age

So, TRT is not a magic bullet for anti-aging, and yes, diet & exercise helps...but only so much.

I think this thread is basically a "better living through chemistry" thread, acknowledging the obvious, which is, TRT replaces the inevitable diminishment of our body's natural T production. As an older guy now who likes to feel younger, in conjuction with exercise and diet, i find that TRT improves the quality of my life.
  • Hard News likes this
Nix

#21 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

LOL

I knew that post was going to sound like I was calling people fat asses, I wasn't trying to imply that.

Only responding to the question Aces Up posed on anti-aging regimes... I think diet and exercise are the most effective things that one has control over.

I used to spend money on vitamins and other supplements, but I came to believe they are largely unneeded, and that they are mostly passed through the body without being absorbed.

As for TRT, I'm a wary of it, but I'll admit that I don't know a lot about it.
  • Surin Nix likes this

#22 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

I have been in the exercise regime for some time and recently started taking creatine. The results have been great for the body, but it seemed to coincide with a drop off in my sperm production.

Has anyone had this experience or have thoughts on the matter ???

#23 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

I have been in the exercise regime for some time and recently started taking creatine. The results have been great for the body, but it seemed to coincide with a drop off in my sperm production.
Has anyone had this experience or have thoughts on the matter ???

Creatine has been studied a lot, and there aren't any definite known side effects, but there are some reported side effects. I don't think reduced sperm production is one of them. Do you mean a reduced sperm count or less ejaculate? If you mean reduced sperm count, I'm guessing a doctor told you that, since those little guys are microscopic. Either way, I doubt it is related to creatine.

Here is a link that contains some basic info on creatine from a medical perspective:

http://umm.edu/healt...lement/creatine

I used creatine off and on throughout my 30s, and I will say that does help workout performance, in weightlifting only. If you are doing a high intensity weight lifting program, it might help you squeeze in a a few more reps for each set, and that will cause muscle tissue to grow.

In short, if you aren't pushing yourself to exhaustion (muscle failure) during your sets, it probably isn't worth the expense of buying the stuff.

Here is a pretty good article on creatine from a physical fitness perspective:

http://www.menshealt...it-what-it-does

I think creatine is safe when used as recommended, I wouldn't take the stuff for long periods, and there are usually ways to obtain the same results without having to buy the stuff.
  • Surin Nix likes this

#24 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Another anecdotal account here.

Between the ages of 43 and 48, i became an adherent of the ultra-low carbohydrate "Atkins Diet". I read the book, and followed the guidance religiously. Per his guidance, i even conducted urine tests using "ketostrips", an inexpensive litmus-paper sort of thing that demonstrates that the body was in a state of ketosis....ie, burning fat. (Versus "glycosis", the usual state of most people who consume a lot of carbs and get fatter consequently).

It was amazing really. I had been a "chunky" 165 pounder. With Atkins, and in conjunction with a workout and creatine regimen, i effortlessly came down to 145 pounds. No suffering or starving to get there. I was as lean as a skinned rabbit, and though in my late 40's, it seemed i'd regained the physique i'd had as a high school and college wrestler.

I continue to lift weights and take creatine, and during that period added about 15 pounds more, of muscle. I'd never looked and felt better.

Life circumstances...i admit, my excuse....caused me to let down my guard. I'm still in good shape, but am ready to pick it up again.

My anti aging regime....again, low(er) carb diet, creatine, and TRT. (As well as cardio and weights, along with Brazilian jiu jitsu practice.....though dont see being as heavy with the weights as in the past...too old for that shit).
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci