The Game Changer...what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

It's looking like I will be offered a redundancy package from my job next year.

The figures are likely to be around 250k and a pension of around 1500 per month, the sort of money I'll never see again in my life and to be honest I can't afford to turn it down.

The options after that are up to me, get another job and crack on with it or park my bum up and relax.

What would you fellas do...? 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#2 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Much as it would be very tempting to 'park my bum up and relax', I would take the package and find another job.

I can only speak for myself. But, it would not be healthy for me to permanently retire too early. I tend to become a little too lazy & lethargic. Exercise falls off, I sleep in most days as there's no real reason to get up, etc. Unfortunately, I seem to lack the discipline to stay motivated and active without some form of employment.

So, if I was in your enviable position Pete, I'd get another job and crack on with it. But mate, in the words of our beloved LBs 'up to you'.

#3 Arsonist

Arsonist
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I would divide my time between a routine of lengthy stints in Thailand with casual employment in Farangland depending on your job skills. There is always work available for those whom are prepared to work hard while being polite, courteous,disciplined, well spoken and making an effort with their appearance.
Under no circumstances would I be purchasing a property in Los, just renting accommodation while trying out different locations like Samui, Hua Hin, Phuket (not Patong) perhaps even a stint up country.

Time for you to enjoy the best of both worlds while you are active enough to fully enjoy it.
Careful with the demon drink though :D

#4 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I think you know what I'd do Pete :D . You lucky,lucky bastard

Cheers Bruce
Oh so happy when in LOS

#5 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I really can't comment as you haven't given a great deal of information, but what I do suggest is that you sit down with a financial planner and see what they think about your situation. Do take their advice with a healthy level of skepticism as most financial planners these days are commission driven. Any advice you are given will probably be fundamentally good advice, but some of the financial products they may be pushing may not be ideal for you.

Another thing worth thinking about is your future employment prospects. Should you find you need to get a job a little further down the track it may prove a little more difficult than expected. I know of a few people who've taken redundancy packages with the plan of getting another job asap, only to find themselves job seeking for long periods of time.

Good luck with it anyway.

#6 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I appreciate the comments fellas. :D

I keep financial planners/advisors at barge pole distance having been bitten by the bastards a few times in the past with their so called "investments" which when fruition time arrived under performed dramatically. :tantrum:

I have a skill set which is fairly sought after, the part time employment might suit me best.

I'm not counting my chickens just yet Bruce, I'll believe it when it happens but the numbers are fairly sound which is heartening.
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#7 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

well if you decide to ""sit on your bum" in LOS then please tell me first...then i have some money to invest in strongbow and KY :D

otherwise i would proberly do like arsonist said... take some temp. works combined with some long stints in LOS or the neighboring countries... 8)

no matter what.... grab the money :rock:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#8 tourist

tourist
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi Pete,

you just " Carpe Diem " 8)
I went to the Dark side and found the Light !!!

#9 Thailand-junkie

Thailand-junkie
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

A offer like that is to good not to take knowing that you can get a job in the same field in which you work as your know what pay to expect. But the Part time stuff sounds great if you can also take extended trips.

Take the MONEY ! 8)

#10 trousersnake

trousersnake
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Great to hear that Pete! :clapclap: Fair play to you.

Something like that would never happen at my age but.......

I would buy an investment property (not LOs but I wont advise where :blush: ....not my business 8) ) with some of the cash. Low LTV / fix a low 10 year interest rate and rent it out.

Then I would either do short contracts and work part time. Perhaps spend 3-6 mts a year in LOS.

But wife and kids to come so that wont happen :tantrum: .

Take your time, enjoy pondering of your decisions and get the fuck away from the land of the sand!!!!!! :love:

As-Salamu Alaykum
HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

#11 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi
Having been in the same situation 6 years ago, I understand your question.
Here's what I did, and so far so good.
1) Take the Package of 250K for sure and Park it.
- Not sure what's available where you are but for sure
- Diversify Best bets are Food and Commodities (25% 25%)
- Cash is King in Tough times, so I kept 50% allowed me to
play the safe bets in the Markets.
2) you get 1500/M, that's for basic stuff, play money comes from the 1 above or another job.
Basically allows you some time to think and plan to do WHAT YOU WANT and not be a Corporation Slave anymore.

That's playint it safe I know, in my case, it was a call to reality, and slowed down my pissing money away (Not a bad thing).
In the end, I enjoyed my times in Asia more as they came fewer an fewer as a result of my Butt being made redundant.
Just sharing, everyone makes its own call

Dom
So many LB So Little Time

#12 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

I take the money and run. If you're worried you wont have anything to do, then I would take up golfing and start playing all the great courses in Southeast Asia, theres tons, and then spend my nights fucking all the pretty young femboys. Good show, its all laid out there for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci