How much does a typical trip run?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Naraku

Naraku
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

Sorry. I'm new here and I'm still not quite sure where the most appropriate place to post things. Anyways... My question is how much does a typical Thailand trip cost (including LB fun)?

Any help rendered is very much appreciated.
Exuse me Miss but would you consider bearing my child? ~Miroku

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hi Naraku,

Obviously everyone's budget is different, so the figures I quote are really just average amounts assuming a pretty basic lifestyle.

Accommodation 800-1200 Baht/night
Meals 400-600 Baht/day
Taxis, Tuk Tuks 100-200 Baht/day
Barfines 600 Baht/day
LB's tips ST 1000 -1500 Baht/day
Drinks/Alcohol 400 - 1000 Baht/day
Miscellaneous 100 - 200 Baht/day

Total Cost / Day 3400 - 4700 Baht/day

Accommodation & Meals are very cheap in Thailand, so the figures quoted are pretty realistic. You could certainly eat for alot less if you eat on the street. Similarly, if you don't need air conditioning, cheaper rooms are certainly available particularly outside Bangkok. The cost of Alcohol especially in the bars does add up pretty quickly, particularly if you are buying drinks for the LB's, etc. LB tips vary considerably between Bangkok & Pattaya. Pattaya in general terms is substantially cheaper.

Hope that gives you a starting point.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#3 Dieter

Dieter
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

2 days ago I am go out...
Dinner with my girlfriend in Pomodoro(suk soi5) with good bottle of red ,cigar and xmas tipping.....8000 bath..
After a look into Obession some drinks with ladyboy friends(mmmmhhh Chompoo the sweetest Star i know ) ca.3000 bath
Casanova....also only some drinks with ladyboy friends and a little tipping..
(mmmmhhhhhhh Cindy and Talisha) 7000bath....
barfine.....0bath
Hard Rock Hotel PTY........4800bath
ST...with Mrs."Oh I will fux you....you will love it" coast minimum 3000 bath

Dieter
Ladyboy Pro....sponsored by Mekhong Posted Image

#4 Naraku

Naraku
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

Thnx for the replies guys your info is very much appreciated!:)

I am planning a trip to thailand. When is the best time to go and will I get along okay? I only speak english...

Are there any travel agenciee/ agents anyone can recommend? Sorry for the questions guys :( but I never been and I wanna make sure I save enough money to visit the Ladyboys and go sight seeing. Would any of the girls be interested in sight seeing with me or show me around? It would be sorta cool to hang out with my fav ladyboy, while I'm touring the country. :wink:

Thnx in advance for any help you guys can give. :D

#5 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

Hi Naraku,
It depends what you mean by "best time". From a weather perspective, November through till February is a good time being the cool season, however particularly around December & January its gets pretty crowded and you are paying peak season rates on airfares, accommodation and the like.

With respect to only speaking English, this is not a problem, you will get by fine. If you manage to learn a few Thai phrases this will be a bonus.

Apart from negotiating a cheap airfare from the United States to Thailand, the rest of the arrangements you can do yourself online.
I can recommend some hotels once you are at that stage in your planning.

Finding a LB to be your tour guide is certainly possible !

Cheers
Koykaeng

#6 ladyboysforever

ladyboysforever
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:20 PM

I wouldn´t go if I hadn´t at least 7000 bath/day to spend!
" SUCK OR BE SUCKED, THAT´S THE QUESTION "

EDIT: BEFORE I NEVER SUCKED BUT NOW...HE HE!!!

#7 Naraku

Naraku
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

Sorry I wasn't able to post again sooner. I been busy with New Year's party stuff. I just wanted to thnak everyone for their kind advice and responses. It was very helpful and if anyone else wants to add more I will definetely be all ears. Thanks a lot guys.

#8 Calculus1

Calculus1
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

You can easily do Thailand on 5000 a day, I used to spend over 10,000 a day but now cut that in half and actually have a far better time.

Throwing money around especially on lady drinks (in gogos) is a waste of time and money, in fact gogos are pretty much a bad bang for your $ anyway.

And whatever you do, do not try and impress these girls/lbs with the size of your wallet. They're hoes remember and therefore your MO should be different from when partying in your own country because there you won't have to pay for sex but might run up a big bar bill etc - sort of opposite to thailand.

#9 zvezda

zvezda
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

Throwing money around especially on lady drinks (in gogos) is a waste of time and money, in fact gogos are pretty much a bad bang for your $ anyway.

Obvious
(no need to pay for drinks of all the gals in there ...)

But gogos (for example the 3 gogos of Nana Plaza) are the place to pick up some LB... No ?

:D
should I stay or should I go

#10 Naraku

Naraku
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:16 PM

All right more replies :D Thanks for sharing more of your Thailand experiences with me and giving me a little idea of how much money I will need a day.

I did have more questions though. :? Sorry if they're nooby questions.

How do bar fines work? How many drinks should I buy a Ladyboy I'm interested in? How does the freelance thing work (When is the best time to look for them)?
Price Wise what's the difference between long time and short time? Can you pay short time and have it turn out to be long time? :wink:

Also koykaeng I'm planning a trip for mid-may. I'll probably buy my tickets next month some time (probably Feb. 20's) I plan to stay at a place I heard about from before called the "Name Grand Inn" It's supposedly 1030 baht a night, which sounds very reasonable. If you know some other good places your wisdom will be most appreciated.

On a side-note (curiousity mainly) Are you British koykaeng? >_<

Thanks in advance for any advice rendered.

#11 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

How do bar fines work?

Whenever you want to take a LB or GG out of the bar, you will need to pay a bar fine.
The Bar Fine is on average 600 Baht at the LB venues.
It is payable on a per day/night basis for each LB you want to go with you.

How many drinks should I buy a Ladyboy I'm interested in?

I think the answer is 26 ? :lol:
Seriously though, lady drinks are a very personal thing, some guys are happy to buy drinks for the entire bar, others refuse to buy even one lady drink all night.
As they say in Thailand "Up to you !" I guess it depends on your budget and your perspective on the entire scene, but don't be pressured into buying a drink for everyone who ask if you don't want to !

Cheers
Koykaeng

#12 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

Price Wise what's the difference between long time and short time? Can you pay short time and have it turn out to be long time?

This is the text from a previous post in another thread.

Short Time is usually a few hours, as little as 1 hour, maybe 3-4 hours if you play your cards right

Long Time is generally when they stay with you overnight and leave in the morning ( usually after you take them for breakfast ! )

Short time averages around 1200 - 1500 baht

Long time varies, but usually 2000 - 3000 Baht

There is no fixed pricing structure, everything is negotiable, the prices quoted above are merely a guide.

P.S. Short Time can in theory be changed to Long Time, however not every LB will be prepared to do LT, and may wish to return to the bar ASAP !

Cheers
Koykaeng

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci