Photo

Ladyboy Marriages

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: would you marry a ladyboy

would you marry a ladyboy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 psycho3a

psycho3a
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

does anybody know if it is worth it to marry a ladyboy iv been talking to one of f4f and i seem to think all she wants is a free pass to this country do you think it is worth it or should i just leave her alone

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:02 AM

Let's change the parameters of the question and bit: does anyone know if it is worthwhile to marry a girl, iv been talking to one of f4f and i seem to think a she wants is a free pass to this country do you think it is worth it or should I just leave her alone

Ok, so does it matter if she is a lb or not? I would say no - you marry someone based on your interaction with them, how well you know her character, how well she knows you, etc.

If you have doubts about her now - then there is a good chance it wouldn't be worth it if she was a lb or a gg.

Internet romances are usually a long shot - so if you feel that there are questions at this stage and she cannot give you a good answer then the signs are clear. Don't do it! :shock:

#3 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

like my old dad said....

marriage is the only kind of sentence where you dont get released before time due to good behaveior.... 8)

IF you think the girl/lb is ok.....then invest in some time "down there" in LOS so you get to know the person better.....then you have 2 options....yes or no... :lol:

wery simple :mrgreen:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#4 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:18 AM

at least with an lb u dont have to pay the family gifts
heres an example:
One of the most apparent clashes of Thai vs. Western culture seems to occur over the issue of Sin Sot (or dowry.) Paying a Sin Sot to your wife’s family upon marriage can be seen by some Westerners as a distasteful kind of bartering and some find it a suspicious custom that only shows greediness.

There is also the question of a rich Farang marrying someone of a much less fortunate background. In such situations the payment of Sin Sot may be regarded as an act of favour - a show of generosity towards his new family to make their life easier.

In other words u have to pay the girls family off if u want to marry her and lb u dont have to much safer that way

#5 acid43

acid43
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

is it even legal to marry a lb???

#6 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

is it even legal to marry a lb???

not in thailand...

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#7 acid43

acid43
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

well i know it aint legal in the states, well not in all states atleast some states u probably could though lol

#8 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:49 AM

Many people do marry an lb weather legal or not there are places u can go in thailand but most countries in eec can marry an lb but i belive they are trying to have the law changed in thailand at moment i read somewhere they want to reconise lb as a third sex it made some headlines but nothing has become of it yet but i think with pressure from europe and states they will change it in time

#9 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

There were a couple of groups working to get the law changed - Transgender Women of Thailand, and one of the Lesbian Gay Groups. However with the new government coming into power, they have to start from the beginning again. It will be many years before the law is changed now.

The law will not change in Thailand from external pressure. Why do you think the USA and Europe will pressure for change? The US gov't and European gov'ts have no interest in pressuring Thailand to change the laws for trangender people. The law will only change because people in Thailand will work for change.

#10 gareth75

gareth75
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I dont think so it may be a while before anything is done.
but the country where i come form u couldent even talk about it without getting arrested by police far worse than thailand but now it perfect legal it took 15 years before it was but these groups that lobby for change have lot of backing and financal resources

and get a lot of backing from certain gov to make change in the law and i belive there will be a change in thailand maby sooner than u think human right groups are very powerfull even though they keep in the back ground an u think nothing is done i think next 2 or 3 years will see big changes in thailand last 10 or so years thailand has changed a lot as it catches up with western traditoins.

#11 bigmick22

bigmick22
  • Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:51 AM

psycho - do you mean LB or Thai LB or Thai WOrking Girl LB?

all three require different answers

#12 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:49 AM

at least with an lb u dont have to pay the family gifts
heres an example:
One of the most apparent clashes of Thai vs. Western culture seems to occur over the issue of Sin Sot (or dowry.) Paying a Sin Sot to your wife’s family upon marriage can be seen by some Westerners as a distasteful kind of bartering and some find it a suspicious custom that only shows greediness.

There is also the question of a rich Farang marrying someone of a much less fortunate background. In such situations the payment of Sin Sot may be regarded as an act of favour - a show of generosity towards his new family to make their life easier.

In other words u have to pay the girls family off if u want to marry her and lb u dont have to much safer that way

I just discovered this thread , as I must have been away when it was first brought up .
I have not paid any dowry as it was not discussed before we were married and I was unaware of the practice . So when some time later I was asked for it I asked if I could get a money back guarantee which did not go down well :P . It was also my wives second marriage so I dont know if that makes any difference . :?
She has sent or spent enough money on her family since so I dont feel guilty about not paying.
I'd expect an LB would want similar amounts of money to look after her family it may just be a problem with who is paying ?

You can forget about any agreements you make before the marrige as "things change , I not lie" seems to be a very common statement.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci