STD'S check ups in ladyboy bars

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgekatselis

georgekatselis
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

Hello everybody. I think this concerns a lot of people so only facts should be posted. Are the lb's in the Bangkok bars tested for STD's? At least that was what I knewAnd the usual answers like we should be careful are welcome but the important thing is to know whether they are sent for tests and whether they are thrown out if they refuse to take them. Anybody has any experience or knows anything. Thank you fellows.

#2 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

Your thinking that testing for STDs is going to protect you is a bit overly optimistic. The only time you would be safe is if you are going to be the FIRST customer after a negative test. So how often will you expect the testing to be done? After every customer? I think not.

Let us say for example an average lb may have around 15 ST, LT or mix in a month - of course the very popular ones will be bar fined much more than this.

So if they are tested once a month, you could have 14 - (or x many) guys who have had her before you did. If any one of those guys had an STD and/or paid extra for bareback (more common than you imagine), you can see that testing only gives you a false sense of security.

Far better you take full precautions and ask what the bar policy is to support girls who refuse customers requests to bare back.

#3 BKKtime

BKKtime
  • Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

On top of that rxpharm, test results for HIV can only be done after 3 months. If she is tested negative doesn't mean she doesn't have HIV. The 3 months is called the ' window period' after which it can become visible.

It is safer with ladyboys that get tested, but it gives no guarantees or whatsoever. If anything it just reduces the chance a little. You should be safe and careful with whatever you do. The %'es of STD among ladyboys are insanely high, unfortunately;(

Anyway afaik bars don't force ladyboys to test themselves, but most ladyboys do anyway. I know Mint or naam quite well and she told me that she and all of her friends get tested every 2 months at least.

Since we are on the subject I have another question. When I was in Bangkok last week, I ran out of condoms:(! I was going to be there 2 more days so I was panicking already..:D Anyway I went to boots and 7/11 and a pharmacist to look for condoms, but they were all in Thai and I couldn't figure out which condoms were for anal sex and which ones were larger. Does anyone know which ones to take?

Next time I'll be sure to bring at least a gross of condoms with me:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci