Photo

Is 90 Baht about average for a ladydrink?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 mrniceguy37

mrniceguy37
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:09 AM

Does that sound right?

Working out my budget for my upcoming birthday present to myself (a 21 day trip to LOS) June 24th.
I am spending 2 days in BKK then heading to Pattaya

I plan on celebrating my birthday by seeing how many Lbs I can do in a 24 hour perioed.

so, from the posts I gather that 90 baht is about average and that is about $3 right now? right?

Which sounds good since I am used to Tijuana prices as well as south america in which most lady drinks are 6 - 10 bucks.

Also, how is it to buy clothes in Thailand, cause if they are cheap and have quality , I would travel light and shop when I get there.

what do you think?

#2 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:33 PM

In Bangkok(Nana), in the main LB gogo's cola lady drinks are 135 baht for a small glass. They can also choose an alcoholic drink and lose their drink commission, eg a Beer at 130 baht.

In Patpong, its the same, except for a alcoholic drink when it becomes the regular price + 40 baht (their commission) so a Bacardi Breezer at 150 becomes 190 baht if a girl orders it as her drink.

In Guess Bar, a alcoholic lady drink (which changes every time the barman makes a supply of it - normally something sweet like Rum, Malibu based) is 100 baht. If they choose another drink, its at the regular bar price and the girl still gets her commission ie Bacardi Breezer at 150 baht and no mark up. Guess Bar does not have rip off cola's for the girls in a thimble sized glass.

For Pattaya, its depends on where you go. The only one I recall is JSB where I think they dont have a regualr drink per say, but if she chooses say a Breezer its marked up over the regular drink price by her commission. I'm sure Franck can fill you in on whats the rate in Club 131 and Stringfellows - he seems to be buying plenty so should remember.

Cheers
Mardhi

#3 franck

franck
  • Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

Does that sound right?

Working out my budget for my upcoming birthday present to myself (a 21 day trip to LOS) June 24th.
I am spending 2 days in BKK then heading to Pattaya

I plan on celebrating my birthday by seeing how many Lbs I can do in a 24 hour perioed.

so, from the posts I gather that 90 baht is about average and that is about $3 right now? right?

Which sounds good since I am used to Tijuana prices as well as south america in which most lady drinks are 6 - 10 bucks.

Also, how is it to buy clothes in Thailand, cause if they are cheap and have quality , I would travel light and shop when I get there.

what do you think?

Hi Mrniceguy37

The ladydrinks at Club 131 are 90 baht, same as Stringfellows.
About buying clothes, I know some good and honest taylors around, where I can take you (if you want).
Cheers,
Franck
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort ...

#4 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

Don't spend too much time on your budget mrniceguy37 because the moment you arrive it goes out of the window. Just take a chunk of money and let the fun begin.
Seriously...You are far better off to budget for x amount per day then buy ladydrinks in accordance with your budget but treat them as a luxury item and certainly not vital in your quest for peasure.

#5 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

Unfortunately we don't all have Pat's wallet!

Yes, the ladies drinks are generally 100bht and up in BKK and go-gos in Pattaya.

If you are on a tighter budget you'll have to toughen up as much as you can. In Thailand GGs and LBs will come up and talk to you without being bought a drink, some will ask quite early, but if you tell them you're 'just looking' they are still likely to sit with you. (This can also make it hard to get rid of someone without being rude),

Obviously if you like a girl and she's been sat with you for a few minutes, it's a good idea to get her a drink. But don't buty one for her 'friend' who has noticed and come to sit the other side of you, and if she drinks it quickly make her wait, or at least earn a second drink.

If you have a bigger budget it obviously helps to keep everyone sweet and you can be a bit more generous.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#6 mrniceguy37

mrniceguy37
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

Hey guys
Thanks for all the feedback. I am stoked about this trip.
I am planning on spending like this

$120 for the whole day

$10 eat
$25 hotel
$25 beers (going light)
$50 for LB or 2 short time...or GG is they are young and hot
$10 misc

Of course, I may get drunk and just say fuck it. You guys have been there..tell me, am I unrealistic?

#7 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hey guys

$120 for the whole day

$10 eat
$25 hotel
$25 beers (going light)
$10 misc

Of course, I may get drunk and just say fuck it. You guys have been there..tell me, am I unrealistic?

$10 only good for KFC
$25 ** hotel
$25 beers only for you not drink for lb
$50 for lb or 2 short time not includes barfine
$10 taxi or one hour massage

#8 Ladyboy Lust

Ladyboy Lust
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:26 AM

Hey guys

$120 for the whole day

$10 eat
$25 hotel
$25 beers (going light)
$10 misc

$10 only good for KFC
$25 ** hotel
$25 beers only for you not drink for lb
$50 for lb or 2 short time not includes barfine
$10 taxi or one hour massage

600 bath hotel
300 bath food
1000 bath beer
2000 bath some LB´s
500 bath tip
100 bath taxi

4500 bath/day

#9 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

my spending last time

2000 baht booze
500 - 700 ladydrinks
500 baht at gogos for pretty much nothing.
1000 baht on food
1500 baht for an average hotel
500 baht misc

My gg doesnt drink so she doesnt cost penny. She tries to pay for shit but i have none of it. I was only with one lb on my last trip but you can add another 1000-2500 baht on top of that for lbs depending on which ones you go for and what you are like.

Look you wont be able to budget here so forget about it, enjoy yourself and think about the credit card later. Its your birthday aint it????

#10 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

You just make jokes about the budget of others Costassg. Tell us what you spend on a day in LOS!

600 Baht for a hotelroom is not much but i paid 700 Baht per night at the Jasmine Hotel and it was absolutely fine for me.

300 Baht for food will be enough if you eat from the small food stalls. Even cheaper (and much better) then KFC (you like KFC or Costassg?). But with 300 Baht to spend on food per day you dont have that much options.

I usually spend around 600-700 Baht for food.

#11 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

The post below was originally written back in 2005, but still a reasonable guide;

Obviously everyone's budget is different, so the figures I quote are really just average amounts assuming a pretty basic lifestyle.

Accommodation 800-1200 Baht/night
Meals 400-600 Baht/day
Taxis, Tuk Tuks 100-200 Baht/day
Barfines 600 Baht/day
LB's tips ST 1000 -1500 Baht/day
Drinks/Alcohol 400 - 1000 Baht/day
Miscellaneous 100 - 200 Baht/day

Total Cost / Day 3400 - 4700 Baht/day

Accommodation & Meals are very cheap in Thailand, so the figures quoted are pretty realistic. You could certainly eat for alot less if you eat on the street. Similarly, if you don't need air conditioning, cheaper rooms are certainly available particularly outside Bangkok. The cost of Alcohol especially in the bars does add up pretty quickly, particularly if you are buying drinks for the LB's, etc. LB tips vary considerably between Bangkok & Pattaya. Pattaya in general terms is substantially cheaper.

Hope that gives you a starting point.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#12 costassg

costassg
  • Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

You just make jokes about the budget of others Costassg. Tell us what you spend on a day in LOS!

600 Baht for a hotelroom is not much but i paid 700 Baht per night at the Jasmine Hotel and it was absolutely fine for me.

300 Baht for food will be enough if you eat from the small food stalls. Even cheaper (and much better) then KFC (you like KFC or Costassg?). But with 300 Baht to spend on food per day you dont have that much options.

I usually spend around 600-700 Baht for food.

If you want to see how match i spend in every trip i make to los,and i visit 3 times a year be there on may.
my thai sim number is 0861447750

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci