Do you choose the first one you see??

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

As discussed in my field report from Phuket... I thought it mightbe interesting to see everyones perspective on this topic.

I've only got a couple of rules when LB hunting:

1. Never pay over the odds
2. Negogiate first - ensure you've secured a price before you leave the bar
3. Never get involved with anyone who has a hint of drugs - in behaviour or any comment they might make
4. Always have an exit strategy - when entering a room... or even a relationship
5. Never ever send money

AND...

6. Never choose the first girl you see or speak to. As another maybe be better around the corner.

I've always felt that only a rank amateur who cannot control himself will choose the first girl he sees or talks to.

This rule is normally sound advice but has some HUGE disadvantages also... as i get very choosie when i'm in Thailand. And I get scared "what if i dont see a better one tonight??"

It's almost a topic on its own.... how come when i'm outside Thailand i get frustrated Dream about and will almost screw the builders in a dress... but when i get to Thailand my "Selective Gene" kicks in and i become very selective about which LB i will choose for the evening.

sorry... back on topic...

SO... i've got a little advice. If you talk to a girl (or see one early evening)... get her phone number!
You can always look around - hunt without worry - and if you dont see anything you like then phone the girl up later in the evening and arrange to meet her. This as worked a few times for me - whilst before i didnt think about it and regretted not striking when the iron was hot.

Another way is to arrange to meet her in her bar or someplace later. I've had mixed results with that. Sometimes you return and she's with another punter - thats just a huge turn off.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#2 rugbyjock75

rugbyjock75
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:22 AM

hi brit,
a question fro you dude,
what do you think would be the recommened pirces for the follows:
Bangkok:
Lb in the bar: longtime and short time,
Freelance (as Lb u see, we say outside nana plaza after the bars have closed): Longtime and short,

Pattaya:
as bove....

I know from reading the threads that rule of thumb is never pay her for longtime, just pretend shortime back to your hotel for a quickie and if you click she prob stay with u for the night and you can sort her out cash iwse yourself in the morning.

i going to thaialnd for my 1st trip in late march and have found the site to be a fucking gem with info from all ye guys.
i think from reading a guess is about 1500baht but haddle and might get it fro 1200 for short time! and when back in your hotel ye might click etc..
as for the bars it seems the avergae bar fine is about 500-600baht!! but then is it up to u the price u work out with her or is it with the bar??
i seen on a link from one of the threads, that for example Lb Mint is charging 6000baht!!! fucking hell thats about 130euro!!!
i know in ireland its 300euro for an hr!! so i dont mind paying 1500baht which is about 33baht.
plus while i'm there i be banging chicks as well, because i travelling with a mate! and the LB thing is my little sceret!!! my mates say from last trip there a doll cost about 500-800longtime,
well thay said meet them in club and hook up with them treat them right! dinner etc..a nd money in the morning along with going for brakfast etc.. and u like her meet her agin.
i agree with u, bring a pen and notepad and when meet any Lb u like take there number as to ring them later if u get about 5numbers one is bound to be free that nite! plus it might be les the bar fine..
any tips will be great bro'
Been there done that

#3 Ladyboy Lust

Ladyboy Lust
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

Brit wrote:

Never choose the first girl you see or speak to. As another maybe be better around the corner.

Thats it, but what u say first girl... sorry.. I gotta go... but if you want to stay in that bar and talk to another girl..... I dont know what to say first girl?
Last time I gave some tip... but still she was angry...

#4 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:20 AM

Brit wrote:

Never choose the first girl you see or speak to. As another maybe be better around the corner.

Thats it, but what u say first girl... sorry.. I gotta go... but if you want to stay in that bar and talk to another girl..... I dont know what to say first girl?
Last time I gave some tip... but still she was angry...

I think the point is, if you are going to a bar and you don't really have anyone in mind or know who's about, you just tell the any girl who comes up to you before you get to case the joint, that you want to have a look aorund first, or you just want to have a drink and relax on your own, basically be honest.

Telling her you're not interested or that you don't want anyone, will just make problems unless it's true.

I'm assuming you spent some time talking with the LB you gave a tip to. Giving her a Tip without even speak to her is actually a bit insult. It will come across as incredibly patronising. It will also give you a bad reputation as either a arrogant bugger, or someone who throws his money around, two of the worst reps you can have in a bar.

You'll often still end up wit the first girl you who comes up to you, but it's always nice to know you chose her rather than the other way around.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#5 Ladyboy Lust

Ladyboy Lust
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:29 AM

I'm assuming you spent some time talking with the LB you gave a tip to.

Thats the point... talking and giving tip. Still angry even days later... hehe

Later I short timed Jacky. good choice...
:P

#6 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:03 AM

I typically say "I've gotta meet my friend - but hopefully if i can get rid of him i'll be back"
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#7 Ladyboy Lust

Ladyboy Lust
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:21 AM

I typically say "I've gotta meet my friend - but hopefully if i can get rid of him i'll be back"

This is old.... they know it, I always try that too, they dont believe... so I laugh, and try another one, e.g. ive a date... or something else stupid.. :oops:

#8 tarado

tarado
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:19 AM

I don't go with the first one. chemistry decides everything.

When I take a seat in one of the bars and am mobbed by LBs,..I tell them "I go bar hopping tonite,..Bar! Bar! Bar!"

I do not feel compelled to buy a drink unless I am enjoying them or intend to bar fine one. It doesn't hurt for her to ask and I am free to refuse.

I like to scout out the faces and then return a second night for the honey I want. The odd time the chemistry is so instant that I take them on the spot,..but it is rare.
The Canadian Ladyboy Hunter

"We were both pissed and he said 'sod it, Im going to do a ladyboy tonight'. We had drank all our money and he couldnt do it. "

#9 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

This is old.... they know it, I always try that too, they dont believe... so I laugh, and try another one, e.g. ive a date... or something else stupid.. :oops:

It works for me. You're right - they all know. But it keeps them interested and buys time.

#10 freakslikeme69

freakslikeme69
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:27 PM

As discussed in my field report from Phuket... I thought it mightbe interesting to see everyones perspective on this topic.

I've only got a couple of rules when LB hunting:

1. Never pay over the odds
2. Negogiate first - ensure you've secured a price before you leave the bar
3. Never get involved with anyone who has a hint of drugs - in behaviour or any comment they might make
4. Always have an exit strategy - when entering a room... or even a relationship
5. Never ever send money

AND...

6. Never choose the first girl you see or speak to. As another maybe be better around the corner.

I've always felt that only a rank amateur who cannot control himself will choose the first girl he sees or talks to.

This rule is normally sound advice but has some HUGE disadvantages also... as i get very choosie when i'm in Thailand. And I get scared "what if i dont see a better one tonight??"

It's almost a topic on its own.... how come when i'm outside Thailand i get frustrated Dream about and will almost screw the builders in a dress... but when i get to Thailand my "Selective Gene" kicks in and i become very selective about which LB i will choose for the evening.

sorry... back on topic...

SO... i've got a little advice. If you talk to a girl (or see one early evening)... get her phone number!
You can always look around - hunt without worry - and if you dont see anything you like then phone the girl up later in the evening and arrange to meet her. This as worked a few times for me - whilst before i didnt think about it and regretted not striking when the iron was hot.

Another way is to arrange to meet her in her bar or someplace later. I've had mixed results with that. Sometimes you return and she's with another punter - thats just a huge turn off.

I will take the first one I see if she is really what I am looking for, I use to alway look for one a little better and ended up with the one no one else wanted. The phone thing would never work for me, I have a hard enough time understanding them when I can see them, forget the phone.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

#11 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

"phone thing would never work for me, I have a hard enough time understanding them when I can see them"

What kinda comment is that !!

Sounds racist to me !

#12 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

It's actually amazing how well some of them speak English. Most of them learn through minimal education and then pick it up very quiickly in the bars.

OK, there are soem enoying expressions and phrases that only exist in LOS, but in general the standard of English is good and I've very rarely had problems communicating, you only tend to get this with the girls who are fresh on the scene.

It puts most of us to shame, especiailly those Ex-pats who have been on the scene for year and still speak pidgeon Thai.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci