• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 tarado

tarado
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:13 AM

Newbie Tips

Many posters contemplating their first trip to Thailand to sample to forbidden delights of the ladyboys post on the forum asking for first timer advice.

I thought I would post a few of my own tips for the 'noob' that might make for a more enjoyable and safe experience.

1) Don't be concerned with emailing and lining up ladyboy dates before arriving in Bangkok/Pattaya. There are so many gorgeous LBs around that you are certain to meet someone that you are attracted to.

2) I tend to stick to the tried and true hotels for pooners (Ex. Majestic, Dynasty, Nana Hotel). No surprise fees or prohibitions of taking extra guests up to your room. And the staff have seen it all before; you needn't feel self conscious.

3) If you take a freelancer, get over your embarrassment of dealing with the desk staff and get the freelancer to leave their ID at the front desk. It is for your own protection. If you have a problem (heaven forbid) with the LB up in the room,..the desk staff know who the LB is. If there is a theft or other unfortunate incident then knowing the id of the freelancer will help police locate them.

4) When you have met the object of your fantasies, ALWAYS negotiate the tip BEFORE you pay the barfine. Before you have committed to the barfine,.the negotiating leverage is on your side. Avoid a situation when you get back to hotel, the deed is done and the LB demands 2-3 times what you think is fair. If you just assume it will work out to everyone's satisfaction it can very well end in disappointment.

5) Longtime vs. shorttime. I personally don't pay long time. Why? Because you might end up paying 1000 more baht for longtime and then the LB gets restless after boom boom and needs to go because of some "emergency". If she likes you and the vibe is comfortable,.she will want to stay regardless of if you had paid short or long time. If you stay together longer and want to tip extra,..do it at that time.

6) Keep valuables in hotel safety deposit box (I have had cash stolen from my 'secret' pocket of a bag by hotel cleaning staff in Philippines). Your digital camera, iPod, Palm Pilot and cel phone should all be hidden before you have a strange guest in your room. Most people won't steal something, but why tempt an otherwise honest person into becoming a thief of opportunity?

7) Avoid those who appear to be high on any type of drugs. I ran into a great LB that I had met last year and spent several days together. She was wild eyed, seemed to have no concentration and was fidgety. She confessed to "smoking Yaa-baa" - the Thai slang for crystal meth. I trusted my gut instinct and declined to take her. People that are under the influence of hard drugs may be tempted to rip you off or steal from you. Spare yourself some grief and select a drug free partner.

8) This advice deals with intangible attraction. You may meet an absolute knockout and be in love (lust) , but read their body language and other cues. Maybe she is not so attracted to you and taking her back to your room would result in an expensive and unsatisfying experience. Look at this way: are you attracted to ALL of the girls in any bar? No.

Well, the opposite holds true as well. Some of the LBs may not be into you (for whatever reason) and the sex will be cold and disappointing. I look for a few signs in the bar. Will she kiss me in the bar? Is she shy? Does she seem comfortable - her willingness to touch me is a great indicator. Does he seem to want to hurry things along? Maybe she just wants to collect her money and try to rush the fun. This is not uncommon.

You will have the best experience with a LB who you have mutual chemistry with.

9) I like to dress up the LBs in lingerie and stockings for a real fantasy experience. Buy the stuff that you like ahead of time - Bangkok is in a tropical climate and there isn't a real demand for pantyhose and stockings in that heat. I went shopping in MBK and failed to find much of what I was looking for,..and what I found was overpriced. I have, however bought very affordable panties in street stalls on Suhkumvit. Not everything you may want to buy is available in Asia. The same goes for condoms. Buy a few boxes of your favorite brand and have some lube on hand - don't assume the LB will have it.

10) My personal rule is to only barfine one LB from each bar. The LBs do not like for you to come back another night and select someone else in front of them. They consider you their property (despite the fact they would easily go with another farang ). You can get around this one if you show up for your fave and she is gone,..then select another LB. Some guys may butterfly within one bar with impunity,.but I would rather not operate that way.

11) Take a pen and blank business card with you anytime you are out in the city. You will spot a hottie and flirt,...seize the opportunity and get her mobile phone number. That way you can line up a date for the daytime or when you just don't feel like going out to the bars. I enjoyed some total hottie freelancers this way - call them and they were at my hotel lobby in 30 min. Best of all,..no barfine :-)

12) I consider this a no-brainer - but maybe it must be said. Don't get totally intoxicated on alcohol and lose your wits. You are in a foreign country and some people will see you as an unwary target for a scam or rip off. I personally know of 2 guys who got very drunk and woke up later to find their girl gone and wallets emptied. A little common sense could have prevented that.

Feel free to disagree - these are only my own opinions - nothing more.

And the LB hunting veterans, please add your own tips and advice. Let’s make the definitive guide for noobs.

the Canadian LB Hunter
  • girish likes this
The Canadian Ladyboy Hunter

"We were both pissed and he said 'sod it, Im going to do a ladyboy tonight'. We had drank all our money and he couldnt do it. "

#2 happyman

happyman
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:30 AM

Very kind of you to give advice.
You must be pretty good guy.
Wish you well.

#3 tarado

tarado
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

When the idea of first going to Thailand came to me,.I scoured the various websites for information on how to travel half way around the world and meet these exotic, unique creatures. I painstakingly compiled a stack of print outs of tips and recommendations to prepare for the trip.

I won't lie to you,..I was nervous as hell when I was first approached by ladyboy. But with experience comes confidence. And with mistakes come experience.

Thus, I want to give some info to those who have not yet traveled to Asia and maybe add something to their experience (as those who helped me).

I want to tell those of you who have wanted,..but never dared venture,..to do it. Life is short.

Plan your trip, imagine what you want to to do and then just book that flight and do it.

And it can better than you even dared imagine.

the Canadian Ladyboy Hunter

"We were both pissed and he said 'sod it, Im going to do a ladyboy tonight'. We had drank all our money and he couldnt do it. "

#4 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

Hi Tarado,

Thanks for posting some excellent information that will prove extremely valuable for those new to the scene. I'd imagine some of the more frequent travellers may even learn a trick or two from the points you raise.

Will comment in more detail shortly with regards to each of the points you listed.

Once again, appreciate you sharing your wisdom with the forum.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#5 Phillip69

Phillip69
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

I must admit that is a great write up.

Just about everything was correct.

The only thing that may come into contention is the Ya Ba thing. Sometimes with the right Lb, Sex for hours on end with heaps of power in the tank can be absolutely great.

But I must agree, you need to have the right girl to do this with. Otherwise it can end in tears :X

#6 drehscheibe

drehscheibe
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:57 PM

Very good instructions for newbies. I am not a newbie but iagree with your written words.
And one fetish we have together.I never fly without many dessous to Thailand. ingermany very cheep. And Lb's and ladies are happy to get this present too. They don't know that these presents makes me most happy.
Boots stockings sexy dessous that is my passion.

#7 Cougar

Cougar
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:02 AM

Not exactly new to the LB scene but great tips and information

Thanks

#8 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:59 PM

Thanks once again to Tarado for this excellent post. Have made it a "sticky" so it remains accessible to all the new members reading the forum for the first time. With some general tips like Tarado's, and a list of ladyboy venues throughout Thailand, you should have all the resources necessary to have a great time, however some money would also be useful ! :lol:

Wanted to add a few comments to the issues raised by Tarado, so here goes;

[quote]1) Don't be concerned with emailing and lining up ladyboy dates before arriving in Bangkok/Pattaya. There are so many gorgeous LBs around that you are certain to meet someone that you are attracted to.[/quote]
I can never understand why all these guys waste their time chatting on Messenger or sending e-mails to some ladyboy they have never actually met. There is no need to make arrangements before you arrive, the shear number of ladyboys available is incredible, so don't be worried, you will meet more than you could ever deal with !

[quote]2) I tend to stick to the tried and true hotels for pooners (Ex. Majestic, Dynasty, Nana Hotel). No surprise fees or prohibitions of taking extra guests up to your room. And the staff have seen it all before; you needn't feel self conscious.[/quote]
Why re-invent the wheel, when you have a list of tried & tested hotels that are suitable. Having stayed at the Nana Hotel, Dynasty Inn & Dynasty Inn Grande, I can confirm these are the places to stay. The Nana Hotel is getting a little old and dated, but you won't find a better location.

[quote]3) If you take a freelancer, get over your embarrassment of dealing with the desk staff and get the freelancer to leave their ID at the front desk. It is for your own protection. If you have a problem (heaven forbid) with the LB up in the room,..the desk staff know who the LB is. If there is a theft or other unfortunate incident then knowing the id of the freelancer will help police locate them.[/quote]
I would encourage guys to leave their Ladyboys ID card with reception regardless of whether they are a freelancer or from a known bar. It will only assist should you have any problems

[quote]4) When you have met the object of your fantasies, ALWAYS negotiate the tip BEFORE you pay the barfine. Before you have committed to the barfine,.the negotiating leverage is on your side. Avoid a situation when you get back to hotel, the deed is done and the LB demands 2-3 times what you think is fair. If you just assume it will work out to everyone's satisfaction it can very well end in disappointment.[/quote]
Can't say I generally do this myself, but its not a bad tip. may avoid any arguments later when their can be disagreement on "tipping" required.

[quote]5) Longtime vs. shorttime. I personally don't pay long time. Why? Because you might end up paying 1000 more baht for longtime and then the LB gets restless after boom boom and needs to go because of some "emergency". If she likes you and the vibe is comfortable,.she will want to stay regardless of if you had paid short or long time. If you stay together longer and want to tip extra,..do it at that time.[/quote]
Not a big Long Time fan unless the ladyboy in question is particularly special, but everyone has their own perspective on this one I guess.
Pattaya is definitely geared more towards Long Time than Bangkok in my opinion, possibly because of the more relaxed pace.

[quote]6) Keep valuables in hotel safety deposit box (I have had cash stolen from my 'secret' pocket of a bag by hotel cleaning staff in Philippines). Your digital camera, iPod, Palm Pilot and cel phone should all be hidden before you have a strange guest in your room. Most people won't steal something, but why tempt an otherwise honest person into becoming a thief of opportunity?[/quote]
Only carry enough cash for the evening, and make use of the Safety Deposit boxes for all your valuables. Avoid carrying all your credit cards in your wallet, and only carry one or two and keep the remainder in the Safety Deposit Box.

[quote]7) Avoid those who appear to be high on any type of drugs. I ran into a great LB that I had met last year and spent several days together. She was wild eyed, seemed to have no concentration and was fidgety. She confessed to "smoking Yaa-baa" - the Thai slang for crystal meth. I trusted my gut instinct and declined to take her. People that are under the influence of hard drugs may be tempted to rip you off or steal from you. Spare yourself some grief and select a drug free partner.[/quote]
Drug use is fairly common, however unless you are well trained, you may not be aware that the ladyboy you just barfined is a user. Be cautious with regards to drugs, Thailand's prisons are not exactly lavish !

[quote]8) This advice deals with intangible attraction. You may meet an absolute knockout and be in love (lust) , but read their body language and other cues. Maybe she is not so attracted to you and taking her back to your room would result in an expensive and unsatisfying experience. Look at this way: are you attracted to ALL of the girls in any bar? No.

Well, the opposite holds true as well. Some of the LBs may not be into you (for whatever reason) and the sex will be cold and disappointing. I look for a few signs in the bar. Will she kiss me in the bar? Is she shy? Does she seem comfortable - her willingness to touch me is a great indicator. Does he seem to want to hurry things along? Maybe she just wants to collect her money and try to rush the fun. This is not uncommon.

You will have the best experience with a LB who you have mutual chemistry with.[/quote]
Chemistry can be of some importance, but similarly the ladyboys you meet in the bars are having sex with guys of all races, ages, & dimensions, and at least pretending to enjoy it. The LB you want to screw for a couple of hours, is not necessarily the LB you want to take home to meet your family. I guess at the end of the day "gut instinct" is the best measuring stick.

[quote]9) I like to dress up the LBs in lingerie and stockings for a real fantasy experience. Buy the stuff that you like ahead of time - Bangkok is in a tropical climate and there isn't a real demand for pantyhose and stockings in that heat. I went shopping in MBK and failed to find much of what I was looking for,..and what I found was overpriced. I have, however bought very affordable panties in street stalls on Suhkumvit. Not everything you may want to buy is available in Asia. The same goes for condoms. Buy a few boxes of your favorite brand and have some lube on hand - don't assume the LB will have it.[/quote]
Never had any problem with regard to quality of condoms & lube myself, and certainly easy enough to locate at 7 eleven, etc. If you are into dressing up your ladyboy in stockings and sexy underwear, it probably isn't such a bad idea to bring with you.

[quote]10) My personal rule is to only barfine one LB from each bar. The LBs do not like for you to come back another night and select someone else in front of them. They consider you their property (despite the fact they would easily go with another farang ). You can get around this one if you show up for your fave and she is gone,..then select another LB. Some guys may butterfly within one bar with impunity,.but I would rather not operate that way.[/quote]
Having barfined almost half the staff in many of the bars, I don't really believe this is an issue.

[quote]11) Take a pen and blank business card with you anytime you are out in the city. You will spot a hottie and flirt,...seize the opportunity and get her mobile phone number. That way you can line up a date for the daytime or when you just don't feel like going out to the bars. I enjoyed some total hottie freelancers this way - call them and they were at my hotel lobby in 30 min. Best of all,..no barfine :-)[/quote]
Good advice, always handy for daytime fun or when you get tired of the bar scene.

[quote]12) I consider this a no-brainer - but maybe it must be said. Don't get totally intoxicated on alcohol and lose your wits. You are in a foreign country and some people will see you as an unwary target for a scam or rip off. I personally know of 2 guys who got very drunk and woke up later to find their girl gone and wallets emptied. A little common sense could have prevented that.[/quote]
Have a few beers and enjoy yourself, but particularly if you are out alone, avoid getting so drunk that you become a target.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#9 tarado

tarado
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:04 AM

Koykaeng,

Thanks for the feedback.

Will be back in LOS in later March/early April for more ribald adventures. Stories that can only be told in this type of forum.

A couple more tips to add:

13) In response to the common question: "How long you stay Bangkok?" - I avoid revealing how long I will actually be staying. A veteran pooner told me this one.

When you tell someone the duration of your trip it may setup expectations in them. Regardless of if it is my second day of the trip or the day before departure; I say "Up to me."

14) Don't feel like you have to buy ladydrinks for every LB that requests one. They have nothing to lose by asking you - but it can quickly get expensive if you buy a drink for every girl that asks for one. I usually say that I am barhopping tonite or that I only buy drinks for the girl I am barfining. However, it is also better to not be the much despised Cheap Charlie either.

Many of these LBs don't make a lot of cash and the maintenance for these unique creatures (hormones, fashionable clothing, makeup etc. ) is not cheap. If you have a girl that you like sitting with you,..buy her a drink or give her 100b tip for her time.

the Canadian Ladyboy Hunter

#10 cyp73

cyp73
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:02 AM

You will have the best experience with a LB who you have mutual chemistry with.

I think this is a very good point. I always make sure they pick me (I must like them too of course). Every single time I have gone with someone because they were beautifull, and ignored my gut instinct I have been disappointed. They are like any other girl, if they think that they are doing you a favour then have the upper hand then want a bigger tip etc. I always pretend they are convincing me to go with them and I am a bit shy/reluctant. It seems to work nicely - especially when it isn't true. If you get one who genuinely likes you it's so much better, but it's a hard thing to get.

I have also been a butterfly - I think I went with half of Moulin Rose in Phuket. It can come back to haunt you! Shorter holidays are not so much of a problem, but you can get some jealous ones, and I slowly found my welcome was not nearly so warm after a few weeks of butterflying.

#11 pog1701

pog1701
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:39 AM

This advice is great and I extend my thanks to you guys who make this site the best LB site on the Net. Great pics, vids & forum.
Hey

#12 tarado

tarado
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

ttt for the newbies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci