next year's high season will be the weakest on record

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

most likely next high season is a big dud, much bigger then this one with the fact that Russians on there last holiday had the packages purchased from the prior year most likely or a good deal of them did and therefore wont be coming again.

with weird pricing, thai raising the prices when things go bad mixed with the baht finally taking a hit and increasing consumer debt which is already high and with Europe and the west not really thriving lets just say that next year should be some season.

hopefully the baht goes back up to around 40 by fall, that would help. otherwise the Chinese jeen-lang falangs can piss in sewers on walking street at 8pm or let there kids shit on temple lawns until there banned from eveing viewing them anymore.

its def gonna be the start of a some hard truths for local's.

• MrDragon likes this

#2 sharkdog

sharkdog
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

Actually I'm seeing and hearing the exact opposite.  Yes the number of Russians will be down.  But the number of western tourists already booking for next high season is up.  Last year the political turmoil and the uncertainty after the coup had many people thinking it might not be the year to go to Thailand.  People now feel things are more stable in Thailand.

#3 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

http://phuketwan.com...olutions-22549/

if they say 40 my guess is its 40, if they would of said its down by 12 percent id of said to myself it might be down by 37 percent.

many smaller places have full bookings, its the larger places that employ lots of people that are hurting and next year this wont be avoidable to realize.

like I said years ago, its a chinesse rest n relaxation place for a good few years till infinity to come for Thailand and not much else.

6 dollar soda waters on bangla road however will still be available.

#4 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

http://phuketwan.com...olutions-22549/

if they say 40 my guess is its 40, if they would of said its down by 12 percent id of said to myself it might be down by 37 percent.

many smaller places have full bookings, its the larger places that employ lots of people that are hurting and next year this wont be avoidable to realize.

like I said years ago, its a chinesse rest n relaxation place for a good few years till infinity to come for Thailand and not much else.

6 dollar soda waters on bangla road however will still be available.

Is it just me or whas that hard to understand ?

#5 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

If it's not Boomdraw, he sure has the patter down right (or wrong).
  • Surin Nix likes this
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#6 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

Last year's High Season was the dud -  lasted just 4 weeks!

As sharkdog states above  - bookings for the next one are looking better.

As for this Low Season - May was a disaster. June was only marginally better, but so far: July is looking slightly better, and i'm told bookings in the key 4 and 5 star hotels are actually showing an uptick for July & August.

The russians are gone and now the Gormless Goblins are suffering an enormous downturn in their stock market leaving 90 million of them with enormous losses. So hopefully we might see the back of them too and we can get some "proper" tourists back in Thailand.

Thailand has shown amazing resilience, bouncing back time and time again from various "difficulties" including Tsunami, political turbulence, floods, coups etc etc., so i'm cautiously optimistic about the next High Season.

Just got to survive the next few months of Low Season  !

• Surin Nix, jaybee111, skin2fan and 1 other like this

#7 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:39 AM

''proper tourist'' i like the sound of that,,, ,some nice  easy going, happy go lucky, two week millionaire assholes with charm, sex tourist, vagabonds with working dongs, but not ivan drago's, , give me a german on a hiter-esque tirade at ten pm six doors down before i go out that night that makes me glad i don't sprecken see deusche but please no more overly serious, over aggressive, sibers, they make me feel like im in farangville, its as if ivan and his family don't escape farangville or want too, that good ol artic charm in the south doesn't work for many us, its run its course and Thailand can now return to being an escape to the orient more, and less a drag-0 that it has ivanfortunely become.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci