• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tisto

Tisto
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

Hello gents.

Would like to ask if this is a common happening/incident as soon as you enter a lb bar.

Was in BKK not to long ago.  (First time for me in BKK as single/on the scene)

As soon as I entered some lb bars alone. The girls went crazy, stacking around me in a circle, screaming & staring at me. For me it was not very comfortable, and it was very hard to look and take your time choosing the one you want under such pressure. I just ended up picking someone random to make it stop, bought her a lady drink. (I didnt bf her btw)

(Of course it was also fun and exciting with such attention) But I became shy.

(It did become a bit better the second time entering a bar).

One older gentleman in one of the bars there (maybe a board member)

Even said, "are you alright in there" tried to help me out :P

"tnx bro"

Is it the pressure for selling ladydrinks, does it happen to everyone or whats the deal?

Would be much better if you as a customer could just sit back and relax, watch a bit before you pick one.

Not sure, but if its of  any relevance .

Im in my mid/late 20s.

Look fairly okey.

Thinking back right now makes me really miss Thailand, such a fun place.

They girls (execept entering the bar part) and people in general is very nice and friendly as long as you are humble and polite. Miss Thailand very much.

One girl I bf`d two times even picked me up with her car one of my last days to show me around some nice places outside BKK. Also said we could meet at daytime. So friendly, (and so hot)

• batman4ever and Surin Nix like this

#2 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:22 AM

Sounds like you were in Cassanova, being mobbed is a tradition in that bar.

I would say that it depends mostly on the type of bar you happen to be in.

That said, your age and looks could be a factor for some of the LBs. Maybe they think you are hot, but maybe they see you as being susceptible to buying lady drinks from the high pressure.

I've always thought that a lot of that mobbing behavior was a way of feeling the customers out, seeing how you handle yourself.

In the case of many rookies, it is an automatic lock that someone from the mob gets a bar fine or at least a drink.

#3 Tisto

Tisto
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

Sounds like you were in Cassanova, being mobbed is a tradition in that bar.

I would say that it depends mostly on the type of bar you happen to be in.

That said, your age and looks could be a factor for some of the LBs. Maybe they think you are hot, but maybe they see you as being susceptible to buying lady drinks from the high pressure.

I've always thought that a lot of that mobbing behavior was a way of feeling the customers out, seeing how you handle yourself.

In the case of many rookies, it is an automatic lock that someone from the mob gets a bar fine or at least a drink.

Reading this is a bit of an eye opener. It all makes sense now..

Your theory of about buying drinks from high pressure is part of the case here.

It worked! I did end up buying lady drinks because of this.

Of course I would have done that anyway, but then. To someone I really picked.

It happend mostly Temptation and Cassanova.

Actually I have alot of questions after my first trip :P

I hear people say: Leave your heart at home (I did but still)

I must say, this whole trip confuse me in many ways.

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

Something you might not know is that many lb and gg bars set quotas for their staff to achieve (eg. 150 lady drinks a month, 20 barfines a month for example). If they do not achieve the quota then their salary is deducted.

If it has been a tough month with few customers you will find this happening. If a bar doesn't have this quota then you will find a much more relaxed atmosphere. Most of the lounge type bars, Chaos 9, Paradise, Check-In and Darkside bars don't have this policy and so no crowd "asking" for lady drinks.

• thailover57 and Spyder Rocket like this

:cnd:

#5 Tisto

Tisto
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

Thank you for the advice. That is exactly what im looking for.  Some kind of lounge to just sit and relax, enjoy the moment.

Will travel against soon =)

#6 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hello gents.

Would like to ask if this is a common happening/incident as soon as you enter a lb bar.

Was in BKK not to long ago.  (First time for me in BKK as single/on the scene)

As soon as I entered some lb bars alone. The girls went crazy, stacking around me in a circle, screaming & staring at me. For me it was not very comfortable, and it was very hard to look and take your time choosing the one you want under such pressure. I just ended up picking someone random to make it stop, bought her a lady drink. (I didnt bf her btw)

(Of course it was also fun and exciting with such attention) But I became shy.

(It did become a bit better the second time entering a bar).

One older gentleman in one of the bars there (maybe a board member)

Even said, "are you alright in there" tried to help me out :P

"tnx bro"

Is it the pressure for selling ladydrinks, does it happen to everyone or whats the deal?

Would be much better if you as a customer could just sit back and relax, watch a bit before you pick one.

Not sure, but if its of  any relevance .

Im in my mid/late 20s.

Look fairly okey.

Thinking back right now makes me really miss Thailand, such a fun place.

They girls (execept entering the bar part) and people in general is very nice and friendly as long as you are humble and polite. Miss Thailand very much.

One girl I bf`d two times even picked me up with her car one of my last days to show me around some nice places outside BKK. Also said we could meet at daytime. So friendly, (and so hot)

I have a different opinion to other BM's.    Because of the highlighted text, you WILL be the centre of attention, way more so than a regular customer, regardless of which style of bar you go in.      The key is just to keep in mind, it is not threatening, but can be a bit overwhelming the first few times.  Just keep smiling.  The easiest solution is to buy someone, almost anyone a drink and say " I am going to sit here and look at all of you and you can tell me about the other girls".    Then use that girl to provide you info on who else takes your fancy.   Personally, I'd also tip the girl a 100b for her time, but other guys may do differently.  

The key is to remember you are the one with the wallet and you decide how you want to enjoy yourself.   But keep smiling and all will be fine.   A game of pool is an easy way to break the ice and an easy way of getting to interact with plenty of girls.  

• Surin Nix and jaybee111 like this

#7 Hard News

Hard News
  • Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

Agree Mardhi

I spend money and always smile......never had a problem !!

Quite often wake up with someone beside me at no cost !!

#8 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Sounds fun really, definitely an experience found in Thailand and not here in the Philippines, I miss that, even though I never had quite what you are describing.  Might have been a certain bar like what other have mentioned, Casanova, certainly doesn't happen in every bar.

#9 wardmoob

wardmoob
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

they are looking at you for what u are, someone entering a beer bar full of hooches, and money mooches. nana complex is the wallmart of laotion hoy.

#10 Shining-Path

Shining-Path
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

It's a good idea not to act like a dick. This sounds obvious, but some people forget it.

If you're friendly, naturally fun, polite, calm and firm, you will be ok. Don't get angry if something happens u don't like, just smile and let it go.

Worse thing you can do is go into a bar thinking you are some expert or oracle and generally give the impression of being a cheerless miser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci