• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Seems like there is no way out of this situation with Yinglucks trial...if convicted...what she proberly will be...are we then facing another "mop on the streets" ??

The "reds" know they will almost surely win any election...and at some time the Junta has to make one :shrug:

what will the "yellows" do then...?? :rolleyes:

somehow i feel that the "troubles of Thailand" aint over...... :shrug:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#2 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Batman it will never be over. If elections were held today, the Shins win. He is still held in such high esteem, doesn't matter what the present holds. The only joker In this poker hand is what happens when Elvis (as Jimbo would say) leaves the building.
  • MrDragon likes this
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#3 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Think youre right...but when Elvis leaves the Building, my best guess is that the Junta will use it as an excuse to keep power for 12-18 months more...but then we have the problem Again :wacko:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#4 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

They're already trying to "adjust" the way the new government will be formed, giving far more advantage to the military. The new "democracy", whenever it arrives won't be quite like the last one.

But then it can hardly be any worse than the last one, really.

All in all, Thailand will remain a 3rd world mess. I just hope it's still a reasonably hospitable place for us farang expats and visitors.

• sev7en, MrDragon, batman4ever and 1 other like this

#5 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

According to an article in Thaivisa.com, they're going to adjust alcohol purchase hours to between 11 am and 2 pm and then 5 pm to midnight. There was also some mention of bars being limited from 9 pm to midnight. The writing was not very clear.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#6 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

Just life under a petty dictator...where they want to control everything people do, think, eat, and drink. Amazing that some people were fooled into thinking this was the answer for thailand, even some on this forum. Well, they can support Uncle Prayuth by abiding by his government's wishes and STOP selling alcohol at midnite. However, if they now consider their uncle to be the bad sheep of the family, they now will have the pleasure of paying more tea money for the priviledge of serving after midnite in contravention of the law.

#7 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

Not so fast, jonnieb: these alcohol rules were already in existence, and are aimed at 7/11s, mom & pop stores etc. There will be no change to entertainment venues. Whether or not enforcement is carried out against the 7/11s etc, remains to be seen. Given Thailand's record to date: i doubt it.

For as long as anyone can remember Thais have flouted any law deemed "inconvenient" to them, often paying bribes or "tea money" for an obstacle or problem to "go away". 

"Uncle" Prayuth and the NCPO are trying their best to change the thai mindset, to being more law abiding citizens and cleansing the corruption. It'll take decades, of course, and will probably fail, but at least they're trying. 

And for your information: I am now paying the least amount of "tea money" per month than at any time of my 8 year tenure at C & Ds ! By a wide margin!

I don't like everything Uncle Prayuth's doing, and i'm sure he's also ensuring the elite continue to prosper, but so far i'm far more impressed with him than the previous so-called governments, who were just a bunch of self-interested clowns, making Thailand look ridiculous.

• JustSumGai, jaybee111 and sharkdog like this

#8 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Not so fast, jonnieb: these alcohol rules were already in existence, and are aimed at 7/11s, mom & pop stores etc. There will be no change to entertainment venues. Whether or not enforcement is carried out against the 7/11s etc, remains to be seen. Given Thailand's record to date: i doubt it.

For as long as anyone can remember Thais have flouted any law deemed "inconvenient" to them, often paying bribes or "tea money" for an obstacle or problem to "go away". 
 "Uncle" Prayuth and the NCPO are trying their best to change the thai mindset, to being more law abiding citizens and cleansing the corruption. It'll take decades, of course, and will probably fail, but at least they're trying. 

And for your information: I am now paying the least amount of "tea money" per month than at any time of my 8 year tenure at C & Ds ! By a wide margin!

I don't like everything Uncle Prayuth's doing, and i'm sure he's also ensuring the elite continue to prosper, but so far i'm far more impressed with him than the previous so-called governments, who were just a bunch of self-interested clowns, making Thailand look ridiculous.

Good to hear your tea payments are down...how are your overall takings? If the tea and takings are both down its sorta a wash...how are the tourists numbers holding up there in Phuket this high-season?

As for political debate, I won't rehash it as I think we both know where we stand on the issue.
  • jimbo34 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci