26 replies to this topic

#1 Torques Hit

Torques Hit
  • Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hi all I am looking for some advice.

I have just booked my first trip to Thailand.

I will be spending time in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Any tips to assist a newbie from making common mistakes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Worry about the things you can affect and not the things you can't affect 

#2 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

Study this thread and you will be OK.

But you will make small mistakes, it's just part of the experience and your learning process.

And have fun!

#3 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

most important....place your Heart in the airport...and only bring your brain... 8)

try read in our newbie-section...you will find a shitload of info there...then NeXT read some of the trip-reports, also a goldmine of info there ;)

• peted44 likes this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#4 Torques Hit

Torques Hit
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thanks

#5 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Not being prepared for 30+ hours of international travel in the back of a plane was my biggest mistake.

Once there no trouble, taxis are easy, ladyboys are easier.

• Surin Nix, Torques Hit and jeet70+2 like this

#6 Torques Hit

Torques Hit
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

Not being prepared for 30+ hours of international travel in the back of a plane was my biggest mistake.

Once there no trouble, taxis are easy, ladyboys are easier.

Thanks Veveron

#7 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

JFDI (Just FCUKing do it!) learn from your mistakes. Just don't spend all your money, save it, for when you want to come back and live in LOS ;)

• Surin Nix likes this

#8 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

JFDI (Just FCUKing do it!) learn from your mistakes.

Sorry jfrank but I disagree with your approach to this. My first trip to LOS really turned sour as I didn't do sufficient planning before heading over there. I got sucked in like a typical LOS newbie time and time again. People trying to con me into gambling scams, the dreaded tuk tuks taking me everywhere except where I wanted to go, taxi drivers not going by the meter, so many easily avoidable things if armed with a little knowledge. I won't go into a rant on this but I will say that my first trip would have been much more enjoyable had I learnt from someone elses mistake rather than my own.

• larrylarry, Surin Nix and Torques Hit like this

#9 Torques Hit

Torques Hit
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Sorry jfrank but I disagree with your approach to this. My first trip to LOS really turned sour as I didn't do sufficient planning before heading over there. I got sucked in like a typical LOS newbie time and time again. People trying to con me into gambling scams, the dreaded tuk tuks taking me everywhere except where I wanted to go, taxi drivers not going by the meter, so many easily avoidable things if armed with a little knowledge. I won't go into a rant on this but I will say that my first trip would have been much more enjoyable had I learnt from someone elses mistake rather than my own.

Thank you, much appreciated

#10 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

Torques Hit, you're already on the right track reading the forum - if you've been looking in this section Common Questions and Answers is one of the best places to start. There are many other useful threads here.

Also I would recommend reading the Trip Reports and Holiday Snaps! and the Travel Accommodation and Warnings forums.

• jfrank likes this

:cnd:

#11 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

Also, don't tell people this is your first time in Thailand. Try to act like you know what you are doing, where you want to go and that you have been there before. Act confident. When the taxi and tuk tuk drivers want to take you for tours, just say no and keep walking. It's not being rude; they are faced with that hundreds of times a day. If you need a taxi, flag one down (BTW, look for the light in the windshield or windscreen. It means they are available. I didn't know that until I got there.)

• Surin Nix and jfrank like this

#12 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

When with a ladyboy, don't accept "up to you" on the subject of money for their time. This will be the more expensive option....and any offered "freebies" (which will cause you to think, "wow, she's really into me"), will come with $trings attached. Know the going rates for long and short-time trysts. They vary by location and demand.

Always keep your valuables locked in the safe, or well hidden.

But mostly, study the Q&A threads and the Trip Reports. With that, you will be well-equipped for a first-time LOS adventure.

Keep us posted please!.....a trip report would be much appreciated.
  • larrylarry, jaybee111, jfrank and 1 other like this
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci