Hotel Nana area

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 worldtourist67

worldtourist67
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

Majestic suites seems to be perfectly located for short mongering trips. It also seems to be favorite of many BMs. Any tips regarding rooms , service etc? Is there any other similar budget hotel recommended nearby?

#2 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

It is very good, desk has no problems with multiple visitors per night, saves money compared to multiple short time rooms and perfectly placed for nana or Suk, but I've never used it as my primary hotel. I couldn't imagine how the check in and out with luggage would go, difficultly I assume.

#3 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

I've stayed at MS a couple of times, just for a single night, as the proximity to the action is second to none. But the rooms can neither be described as "majestic" nor a "suite". And getting the taxi to stop outside on that busy road is quite a task, and hailing one for the onward journey the next day is next to impossible.

#4 filipef

filipef
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

I will stay 4 nights in bkk in the near future and magestic suites seemed ok, considering location and guests policy (no fee for any guests). But looking at, for example, Aspen suites, Omni Tower and Petals Inn, what would you say are the pros and cons of all of them?

#5 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Stayed there a couple of times a few years ago before upgrading to the Majestic Grande, the deluxe room did the job and the staff were fantastic , they would not have batted an eyelid if you had walked through the door with two goats  :lol: 

• MrDragon, veveron and jfrank like this

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#6 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

as long as you avoid the breakfast and the pool @Majestic Grande its a nice place :) but these days I book through airbnb, it's a about 50% cheaper and the places are new and luxurious (but no bf :()

#7 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Agreed that Majestic Suites is a great location for Nana and Suk. I wouldn't want to make an entire holiday of it though. Rooms too small and border on confining. The bathrooms, beds, linens, and general ambiance are good though. And, as mentioned, the staff are great. Never a problem bringing in LB's.

For a real budget experience, I sometimes have stayed at the "Nana City Hotel", just down the street from Nana, almost directly across the street from Guess Bar. It has all the ambience of a bomb-shelter, but it's clean, quiet, LB friendly, with a nice staff. Typically about 800 baht night. Never had to make a reservation.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your airbnb experinces, jfrank.
Nix

#8 mikel1

mikel1
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

Thought about air bnb but wondered how the hosts react to a lb being brought back?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci