• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

was thinking about the big number of BM`s from diff. forums that all seems ti hit Patts for nov.1 and it strikes me if it is good or bad....

Pros....

1) Great PR for the ladyboys...and god knows they can use it...

2) Great opportunity to meet Fellow BM`s that you maybe only know from the forum

3) Some great parties in almost all the well-known bars.

But my fear is that if lets say 30% of the mongers all plan to concentrate their annual Holiday at this particular time...wont the scene (ie the bars) then suffer later???

just my 5 cent.... :shrug:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#2 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Locationon the Gulf of Mexico

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

I've never understood why that is. I generally hit LOS end of November. I gotta wonder if some bar owners would not be better off just shifting the bar to another use off season. Really a trailer might do :P

Never been there in peak low season. Must be nothing goin on in some places. Were I a bar owner i'd be livin in the fucker off season. High season? well, I have stayed on the roof of a guesthouse before, better view anyhoo. I don't think guys will alter their plans to spread out the "love".  Some day I'm gonna hit the place at the lowest point tourist wise. Just outta curiosity. Look for a dead bar with a cute bartendy an try and rent space to sleep. Many times I've seen em in empty places staring out, zoned out. Gotta be boring as hell.

#3 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:04 PM

was thinking about the big number of BM`s from diff. forums that all seems ti hit Patts for nov.1 and it strikes me if it is good or bad....

Pros....

1) Great PR for the ladyboys...and god knows they can use it...

2) Great opportunity to meet Fellow BM`s that you maybe only know from the forum

3) Some great parties in almost all the well-known bars.

But my fear is that if lets say 30% of the mongers all plan to concentrate their annual Holiday at this particular time...wont the scene (ie the bars) then suffer later???

just my 5 cent.... :shrug:

Well, there's always a sort of lull at the last week of november, and first week of december anyway, Batters. But not sure if guys alter their plans all that much just for the sake of the volleyball. Would have been an interesting questionnaire for those that did attend.

#4 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:20 AM

Indeed it would have been interesting if the ones attended to the event had a comment, but from what i seems to remember from diff. posts on several forums there was a lot of people making plans so they were fitting with the event...

Ofcourse all the main ladyboybars (except lita i guess) all tried to squeese in a party around the event...my guess ( and it IS only a guess) is that they had ONE great night filled with forum-members....but a lot of nights quiet as a consequence of the party NeXT night at another bar...

Dont get me wrong...i admire the great Work that has been done...and its fantastic that it is possible to raise all that Money for the charity only disapointment has been the lack of good PR after the event...so far i have only seen 1 newspaperartickle about the event

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

#5 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Links about 2014 - just browse the dedicated web site

As more Media becomes available links will be provided.

User feedback

http://lbwvb.com/use...wvb-2014-event/

Charities

http://lbwvb.com/charities/

2014 Event - see team Galleries

http://lbwvb.com/201...-competition-2/

Pattaya TV - Video

http://lbwvb.com/you...on-pattayamail/

Pattaya Mail

http://lbwvb.com/lad...-on-lbwvb-2014/

Sponsors - Corp

http://lbwvb.com/sponsors/

• thailover57 and batman4ever like this

#6 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Most bars not only had their own individual party night but no BM is going to sit in one bar from 8pm to 2am.

All the bars had an incredible 2 weeks.

Even when it was one team's party night all the bars were crowded.

Stringfellows and Kings bar had a small clash of a private party and a Team party - both were still packed.

The BMs seem to have decided, independently, to mainly patronize the bars that put the effort in to be there.

I remember 2 parties in Pattaya where they had to turn customers away - not seen that in many a year.

The bars put aside their commercial interests for a one day event from which everybody benefits. Win, win, win.

Of course the Water Volley Ball provides a focus.

Those that participate deserve the reward, whether that be in Bangkok or Pattaya or Nakhon Nowhere.

Temptations/Cockatoo donated the profit form their party to the event. 60,000 Baht - included a collection from the bar group's staff.GG&LB

Both bars in Bangkok had to pay their own transportation and accommodation from their own wallet.

Did anyone notice that Check In Bar also raised another 100,000 Baht?

Certainly Check In bar entered into the spirit of the Event - see photos.

Their Cheerleader team were awesome - stole the show, Should encourage more participation next year.

Many LBs have said what a great day out they had - one of the objectives of the event, after contributing to Charity, is to present the LBs in a favourable light.

Normally they get little opportunity to do so but this was their day to shine. Stellar performance from all.

Our LBs work in a bar 8 hours a day, 7 nights a week - the Event gives them a great day and evening off.

All the teams did more than that in the evening - they were glamorous and very chique. More like an Oscar ceremony.

Everyone, who attended, should feel enormously proud of the encouragement that was given to the teams, the amount raised (1.4 Million) and the incredible atmosphere in spite of bad weather. Look at all the 800+ photos - smiles everywhere.

No single bar can contribute 1,000,000 to Charity but collectvely they can.

It was awesome, incredible, colourful, good-humoured and successful.

Of course, personally, I get emotional about it - it is 6 months of f.... hard work.

The result is the reward

Just waiting for a group of GG bars to even try to compete with that result.

LBWVB is the second biggest 1 day Fund Raiser in Pattaya.

Tickets are sold out in advance and, any available, resold in seconds.

http://lbwvb.com

• jonnieb, dixon cox, goodenough and 2 others like this

#7 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

I say broaden this. As to "one of the objectives of the event, after contributing to Charity, is to present the LBs in a favourable light.  Normally they get little opportunity to do so but this was their day to shine. Stellar performance from all."  I say it would be great fun to see them do something NOT involving being almost naked, bikini malfunctions, etc.   LET"S PUT ON A SHOW!!!!

A talent show, some comedic skits, perhaps ladyboys doing a bit of Shakespeare. Do you suppose one of them can play the cello? Anything and everything. Let them help construct it. Seems part of this fun for em is feeling like a contributing part of something not sex related. A show might get some Thai's in the audience. Friends, family, maybe other folks like us who like to see them shine. Then the evening, perhaps us mongers could do some cooking for them and be wait staff. I suspect this would generate tons of fun.

• batman4ever likes this

#8 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

I say broaden this. As to "one of the objectives of the event, after contributing to Charity, is to present the LBs in a favourable light.  Normally they get little opportunity to do so but this was their day to shine. Stellar performance from all."  I say it would be great fun to see them do something NOT involving being almost naked, bikini malfunctions, etc.   LET"S PUT ON A SHOW!!!!

A talent show, some comedic skits, perhaps ladyboys doing a bit of Shakespeare. Do you suppose one of them can play the cello? Anything and everything. Let them help construct it. Seems part of this fun for em is feeling like a contributing part of something not sex related. A show might get some Thai's in the audience. Friends, family, maybe other folks like us who like to see them shine. Then the evening, perhaps us mongers could do some cooking for them and be wait staff. I suspect this would generate tons of fun.

Funny...i was spending some nights with Lita a couple of trips ago, and her point was a bit the same...she wanted a beautycontest and more as well...

The beautycontest could be an idea...as the girls would give their right arm to participate...but that would also demand so much more hours on the big evening that i doubt it could be done...allready the wolleyball takes a long time...but i do understand your point :)

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

It is not compulsory to attend the LBWVB or any other event.

Thailand is an open playing field for anyone else to take their own idea for a charity event (or any other event) and put in the necessary leg-work to bring it to fruition if they want to. Simply suggesting an idea is one thing, that's the easy part, but actually getting it done is another altogether.

Rossco/Streetwalker actually DID it and brought the LBWVB event over several years to what it is today and it spreads over a week of associated parties etc.. FULL props to that man!  :thumbs:

I look forward to someone else bringing their suggestion to fruition in the future too, but I won't hold my breath.

• batman4ever and Hoot like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#10 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

I'm weird.  I actually try and miss the big events, not because I don't think they are great, I love the charity aspect and seeing the ladyboys participate in something fun like the lbwvb.  I'm a social misfit and get uncomfortable with big crowds and large events.  I don't like to hang out by myself (well, some of the time I do) but I get stressed in large groups and crowded venues...I have issues.   So the bars at least get customers like me for a few weeks after the big events...there always seems to be a good group around whether I've visited in November or February.

I agree with DC, big props to Rossco/Streetwalker.  The LBWVB event is a full time job.  I've spoken to Rossco on several occasions when visiting after the event.  I mention I'd like to attend the next year - which is true, barring the social misfit issues - each time he's mentioned there might not be another because of all the months of hard work that goes with it.  I don't think that's misstating it as I heard him mention it in the Pattaya Mail video again this year.  I can't blame him, but glad he has taken up the charge year after year and hope it continues.  It has really turned into a massive event doing some great things for charity.  I hope he continues and gets any help he needs along the way. 8)

• jonnieb likes this

#11 JustSumGai

JustSumGai
  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

oh I agree, his work making this a big success led me to thinking the area/population might be ripe for another such event, at another time. I think some of us will always miss the volleyball :(   I've never been able to get there that early as my work is seasonal and I can still work then. 

I'd do anything I can towards it but I think the first thing would be to find out if the girls are even interested. Might be volleyball and beauty pageants are more than enough. I just had these images pop into my head, them doin lil drama, or cavorting in comic skits, music or singing. That bit where Belle went from female to male part in her singing on Thailand has Talent go a big reaction from the crowd.

Just kinna put it out there. I'm not THERE most of the time so can't do on the ground type stuff. Tho my ladyfemboy wife is a seamstress and would probably help with costumes n such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci