• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Just saw an artickle in a newspaper regarding the problems they have in the states regarding executions as most farmaceutical Companys has refused to sell them the "drugs" they used before to execute prisoners... and the effect of that is, that now it seems to get terrible wrong a lot of times when they try new "drugs" to do it...

first of all...iam not hardcore nieter pro or anti death-penalty....but when a society decide to use that punishment...then at least they should do it in "decent" way with no unessary pain for the poor bastard :shrug:

so is it wrong of the farmaceutical Companys to refuse....as they seems to achieve the opposite of what they wanted ( ie. more pain)...

Or should they just be "smart" and replace all that Chemicals....and give the unlucky a heavy overdose of pure heroin...?? :butterfly:

due to my job iwe seen a lot of addicts dead from an overdose...and they dont seems to have been in pain or fear before their death.... :shrug:

i tend to support the last one...hey...they even dont have to spend Money on Chemicals...they can just use what the police finds... :mrgreen:

• patrick and Abramovich like this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#2 Prisit

Prisit
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

Bullet in the back of the head. Cheap, quick, painless and with guaranteed result.

It seem to me that the governments don't not want it to be quick and painless.

#3 jaybee111

jaybee111
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

I understand what you are saying, batman, and I am all for being humane in such matters but most inmates on Death Row in the US are there because they took someone else's life (or many lives in some cases).

Do you think they were concerned about the humane-ness of their actions and granted their victims a quick and painless death? I hardly think so.

I'm just sayin'...

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

While I am not a strong pro or anti death penalty advocate, one has to decide is it justice or is it revenge you want? In the US justice system, it is supposed to be more on the justice side of things. Therefore the supreme court has made rulings that botched executions are inhumane. Drug companies are suppose to be producing drugs that are "helping people". The particular drugs that has been used as part of the lethal injection mix is pentobarbital or thiopental (aka "truth serum"). These drugs were used in the past to help control seizures and as part of the anesthesia protocol for surgeries. Now they have been supplanted by newer more effective drugs. When the manufacturing companies found out the US were about the only country using these drugs and for the purpose of executions, the decision was made to stop making them. The companies have a right to do that, as they were not being used for the reasons they were originally intended.

If they want an alternate method of execution the could easily use carbon monoxide - very humane, peaceful, but it takes a while longer to work, unless used at very high concentrations where death can occur within 3 minutes.

Of course the major drawback with execution is that a mistaken conviction cannot be reversed.

• Prisit, patrick and Spyder Rocket like this

:cnd:

#5 Teppis

Teppis

LB Devil

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Bring Guillotine back to use. I always have to shake my head when i have to read stories that "execution took over 30 minutes... " when old good times Anatole Deibler made 3 executions at once less than 6 minutes. And that time included fast cleaning and prepare of Guillotine between "clients" and criminals one by one to walk from prison to machine. Quick, painless and 100% success rate method. Probably only reason why it's not use anymore is because it's so messy, people want to see clean death and that's why they want to use medics.

I actually remember newspapers from time when last criminal was executed with Guillotine in France 1977. Good old times never come back...  :(

#6 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

While I am not a strong pro or anti death penalty advocate, one has to decide is it justice or is it revenge you want?

Excellent point, and one that is seldom discussed.

In my mind I say neither! I'd rather see the death penalty reserved for a very tiny segment of criminals, and when it is carried out it is done in the name of public safety.

For example, serial killers convicted by overwhelming evidence. Remember, Jeffery Dahmer, the cannibal?

He is a prime example of the perfect candidate for the death penalty. He is obviously insane, but for some strange reason, insanity is often used to obtain mercy from being executed.

Justice or revenge should have nothing to do with executing an insane serial killer. They can't be trusted ever again, even if they are locked up. So kill them because they are a dangerous threat, not because of justice.

Justice is an intangible concept in my mind, eliminating a threat to others is tangible. Giving a serial killer a life sentence, mitigates the threat, it does not eliminate it.
  • jaybee111 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci