• Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

An article in today's Bangkok Post

Be on the lookout for fake 1000  Baht notes:

Fake 1,000 baht bills easy to ID
Published: 30/07/2014 at 11:23 AM
Online news:

The Bank of Thailand is warning people about fake 1,000-baht banknotes that can be identified with the naked eye.

The BOT reported that fake bills bore the serial numbers of 9ฉA 3828862 and 9ฉA 3828863 and they could be easily distinguished as they did not show the watermark of His Majesty the King.

The central bank recommended that genuine banknotes were made from special paper that were hard and durable and tolerated folding and pulling. Touches on denomination numbers of genuine notes give the feeling of friction.

The watermarks of His Majesty the King on the white space of genuine notes are noticeable on both sides. Their Thai paintings are translucent and their metallic sheens show their denomination numbers. Besides, the Arabic denominations on a corner of the bills change their colours when the notes tilt.

Attached File  659191.jpg   42.38KB   6 downloads

:cnd:

#2 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

well as being used to ladyboys....i guess you can say that we should be used to "fake" Things...boobies...hips...noses... :D

but what always strikes me odd, is why people making counterfit Money always goes for the big nominations??? :wacko: thats proberly the ones getting the closest inspektion :)

should i ever do it...i would do it with the 100 thb-note.... 8) no ones looks at them :D

• kakila likes this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#3 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

You'd make a shitty criminal Batman, you'd have to pass 10 times as many of them, thus your risk increases 10 fold.

I can only imagine what kind of prison sentence a Thai judge would give to a farang counterfeiter.
  • Surin Nix likes this

#4 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

This reminded me of the time I was walking through a night market in Chang Mai and saw an old lady selling fake US silver dollars. She had a couple of big baskets full of them, they looked very convincing, but they were too light to be real.

This is common throughout Asia, there are tons of old counterfeit silver coins out there that were made in China decades ago. You'll see them in night markets and trinket shops all over the place, but don't buy them.

Same goes for old British and Japanese coins too.

#5 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

The B1k notes I come into possession of are all through ATM machines and as there is no note bigger than a B1k I never get any in my change.

Like batman said, a lesser value note would be by far the more clever thing to fake. If it were the B500's then we'd be doing a lot more checking.

I guess for most people the money-changers / exchange booths would be the place to do your checks.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#6 khaosphere

khaosphere
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

I made some fake 10p coins once here in the UK by simply filing off the corners of a 50p coin !

• tanewi, thailover57 and dixon cox like this

#7 tanewi

tanewi
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

I made some fake 10p coins once here in the UK by simply filing off the corners of a 50p coin !

Sounds like a business plan Khaosphere.

OOI, how much money did you make?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci