• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LBK

LBK
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

TRAVEL PERIOD: SEP. 9 - DEC. 31, 2014.
Sale Period: 19/06/2014 OR Until sold out.

Budget carrier Cebu Pacific Air has just confirmed plans to commence new four weekly services between Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila and Sydney International Airport, effective 09 Sep.

Cebu Pacific is offering a $99 all-inclusive 'LiteFARE' from Sydney to Manila for travel between 09 Sep-31 Dec, when booked by 19 Jun. Fares departing Manila lead-in priced from $44. Standard baggage fees and pre-booked meals are additional, priced at $30 for a 20kg bag and $13 per meal

https://www.ozbargai....au/node/148969

#2 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Sounds great for any Aussies looking to save,

One warning is to remember Cebu is a budget airline. Air Asia briefly did a similar price and standard of flight from London to Kuala Lumpur. A friend of mine took it in order to save some cash but it was such an unpleasant experience they wished they'd paid more to fly with a better airline.

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#3 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Budget Airlines are great for flights lasting a few hours, I remember flying Air Asia Melbourne to KL and that was quite long enough, at th time they were promoting Melb to London, even with a stop over in KL I reckon that would be a bit much, They dropped the KL to Stanstead? flight a few years ago now, obviously Not enough people favoured the budget option for a 13 hour flight.

Got to say the honeymoon fares offered by Cebu are certainly value for money, I wonder what the fares will be like after the lauch period.

When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#4 anicon

anicon
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationBigfoot Country

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

..guess what, when I've looked up those fares they are always supposedly "booked up", so u end up paying their full fare if u want that flight.. try it & see  :whistle:

..this is what you're likely to see when you look up the dates you want to book..

Sorry, flights for this day are either sold-out or unavailable. Please choose another date by clicking the Next Day or Previous Day links, or you may restart your booking. For flights departing within the next 4 hours, please contact our Call Center at +632 70-20-888.

.. not young enough to know everything & not old enough to have done everything!

#5 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

I had a look on Cebus website and found the $143 return from Sydney... but dates did not fit.

Be interesting to see if they have a business class like Air Asia.

I often fly Air Asia to KL from Melbourne and these days if i shop well i can pull a lay down bed for the old price of economy.

#6 anicon

anicon
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationBigfoot Country

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

look at their promo fare for Manila to Phuket, the teaser fare of 3800 looks good until until they add in their fees & taxes, around $55 total..     

...and this flight arrives in Phuket at 23:30hrs..    :huh:

Attached Files

.. not young enough to know everything & not old enough to have done everything!

#7 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

yeah the taxes on the phuket flight are big...

On the flip side they do have many sales.... i saw that flight last week for 1 peso + tax -- no too bad at all!!!

#8 LBK

LBK
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Second chance.

https://www.ozbargai....au/node/152300

#9 LBK

LBK
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Fourth time.

https://www.ozbargai....au/node/163141

#10 philts

philts
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Have used Cebu Pacific twice, both times Manila-Phuket.

Yes, the 'super deals' very few get,but the ordinary fares are cheap however, the seats are small and hard! Easy Jet (UK low cost carrier) is more comfortable.

3.5 hours Manila-Phuket would be my limit flying with them however, if you're young and/or on limited budget then guess worth using.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci