LT Nowadays?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 goondoo

goondoo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Is it really hard to have LT nowadays?  My last trip to Nana Plaza, Bangkok was 2 years ago in 2 and I had a very experience.  I was scouting around the bars for ladyboys who were willing to do LT.  i approched a few including the lovely Baa and none wanted to go LT.  Finally I managed to find oneat Temptation and we agreed on the price and proceeded to my hotel.  

After the 1st round, she started to give excuses saying her room mate forgot left the key to house at home and needed to get the key from her and so she needed to leave.  I reasoned with her that she had agreed for LT so why don't she ask her room mate to meet her at my hotel to get the key from her.  She started to spew vulgairty in Thai and created a scene.  It was so embarrasing that the security guard came to my room and so I decided to pay her 1/2 the agreed price and let her go.

I remember the same thing happen edin 2011 when I took Joy (Cynthia) for LT, after the 1st round, she gave the same excuse that her roomate left the key at home.  However, she wasn't nice and said that she would come after she pass the key to her friend.  Iwas kind of tired after the 1st round so I decided to pay her 1/2 the price and let her leave.

Despite the experience, I have had a few good LT experiences and the most memorable was with Guitar back in 2009.  We had a fansatic night and she even wanted to join me for breakfast at the hotel restuarant the next morning but because I just ventured in the ladyboy scene, i had to politely declined her because I preferred not to be seen with a ladyboy in public.  It was a big mistake whenever I think about it.

So guys out there, is is really hard to find ladyboy do LT nowadays?  I am not sure what's the market rate for LT nowadasy but back then, I paid around 3,500 to 4,00 THB to the gal and that didn't include the bar fine.  I hope my bad experience wasn't due the my price was too low.

#2 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

i believe its a BKK syndrome... ;) most of the girls i know well from Phuket prefers to go LT, maybe due to the fact that there fewer costumers, the only exception seems to be Pat from C&D that prefers ST...

regarding your payment...i would personally never pay more than 2500 in bkk for a LT...

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#3 DAVE THE RAVE

DAVE THE RAVE
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationBANGKOK

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

i believe its a BKK syndrome... ;) most of the girls i know well from Phuket prefers to go LT, maybe due to the fact that there fewer costumers, the only exception seems to be Pat from C&D that prefers ST...

regarding your payment...i would personally never pay more than 2500 in bkk for a LT...

I think realistically 2,500-3,000 baht is the price nowadays for long time with a Bangkok gogo dancer. Some bar girls want 3,000-5,000 but this is above what most guys will pay. But, in saying that you can still apply your best negotiating skills, while you get to know the girl better at the same time. Some guys are not great fans of the so called "long time" due to the complexity of the definition. You can easily enter murky waters here, because you have one definition of "long time" and your gogo dancer has another. Unless you negotiate the details such as time scale, bar girls can be very manipulative. The oldest trick in the bar girl book is to turn a long time into a short time for the same money. At least with short time you know where you stand - when you pop your cork times up!  :D

Visit My Bangkok Blog - Dave The Rave Bangkok

Visit My Facebook Fan Page - Bangkok Nightlife

#4 DAVE THE RAVE

DAVE THE RAVE
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationBANGKOK

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Sometimes I think it would be good to have a set price that you pay at the bar, similar to Angeles City. However, this would conflict strongly with Thai law and gogo bars would probably be constantly hounded by Thai authorities. 

Some guys get so upset when they are either rejected, or the asking price is not to their liking. Just move on there are literally thousands upon thousands of other options. Remember that good negotiating skills can be very important in saving you time, money and perhaps even a headache you do not need. Meanwhile, happy hunting!  

• batman4ever likes this

#5 goondoo

goondoo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the input.  The reason I though I was paying too little was because they would charge $1200 - 1500 for ST so maybe to them, LT has to be at least double or triple the price of ST to be worth their time.  Just my opinion.  Another thing is the ladyboy bars I go are frequent by Japaneses and they are known to be big spenders.

Seems like looking for LT in BKK is an art more than science.  I hope I will have a better luck when I visit BKK next month.  I have my mind set of Cockatoo, going to give it try.

#6 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I've often found that if LT is what you seek with a stranger then the chances of it being successful increase towards the end of the night, i.e. early hours. She may well have already had an ST or two before you but that's the very reason why an early evening LT will likely fail, especially with a Nana girl. They don't want to commit to LT if the possibility or several ST's exists, but they're not going to tell you that until the deal has been struck and you're committed. The friend's forgotten/lost the room key is the oldest excuse to bail in the bargirl book of tricks. 

Arguing about money or time spent with a bargirl may lead to more issues than it's worth, plus you're causing her to lose face which could be a catalyst for disaster in itself. Like most things in Thailand, do not expose yourself to being short-changed or short-timed. Better to try and turn an ST into an LT if things go well, as opposed to letting her control things by turning an LT into an ST with no refund of promised remuneration without potential repercussions. 

• DAVE THE RAVE and khaosphere like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#7 DAVE THE RAVE

DAVE THE RAVE
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationBANGKOK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

I certainly know that Obsession is very popular with Japanese guys, whereas Cascade tends to appeal more to Westerners. You are much more likely to get a gogo dancer to go long time with you in Cascade than you are in Obsession. I think you will find this is generally how it is.  

#8 goondoo

goondoo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hi guys appreciate your inputs especially the tips on going in late and hunt at Cascade though i find some LBs there Amazonians.  Hopefully I will find a petite ones in my trip next month.

#9 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hi guys appreciate your inputs especially the tips on going in late and hunt at Cascade though i find some LBs there Amazonians.  Hopefully I will find a petite ones in my trip next month.

Actually goondoo, if you spend a long enough time in the bar you will see there are petite lbs in Cascade as well. All lb gogo bars have a rotation for the girls on stage. Starting with petite, medium, then tall. This will cycle on the whole time the bar is open. It may have been when you dropped in the petite ones were off cycle and/or some of them barfined.

• DAVE THE RAVE likes this

:cnd:

#10 goondoo

goondoo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Actually goondoo, if you spend a long enough time in the bar you will see there are petite lbs in Cascade as well. All lb gogo bars have a rotation for the girls on stage. Starting with petite, medium, then tall. This will cycle on the whole time the bar is open. It may have been when you dropped in the petite ones were off cycle and/or some of them barfined.

I didn't know about the rotation thing.  Thanks mate.

#11 DAVE THE RAVE

DAVE THE RAVE
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationBANGKOK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

I didn't know about the rotation thing.  Thanks mate.

This is true timing is everything. Here are some guidelines you can follow...

(1) Never go to a gogo bar too early or too late, especially expecting to see a bar full of gogo dancers. There is rarely a full house before 9:00 PM and rarely a full house after 1:00 AM. Before 9:00 PM some of the best gogo dancers have NOT arrived yet. Many superstars turn up later on, even though they receive pay cuts for being late. Going in after 1:00 AM you can miss the boat, because the best gogo dancers have gone. Also, are you really excited about sloppy seconds?!?! 

(2) Take into account what night it is as well. On Fridays and Saturdays all gogo dancers have to work, or they receive higher cuts than all the other nights. Following busy Friday and Saturday nights, Sunday is a popular day off. Like most people it is an opportunity to spend time with family and friends, as they are not working. It is similar to any bar or club, you get many more people partying on Fridays and Saturdays than any other night of the week. Thai gogo bars are no different in this respect. 

(3) Keep track of parties and events. The night after a party is not surprisingly often quiet. The gogo dancers may have partied hard and need a break. In addition, external problems such as political protests will affect who turns up for work. 

(4) Do not be too impatient. Be prepared to spend some time in the bar to allow you to see every single gogo dancer. If it is a big gogo bar such as Cascade, you might have to move around the bar to ensure that you see all of the gogo dancers. Just take your bill with you or inform service staff that you are moving to another seat. What I sometimes do is pay my bill as my drink arrives, then I am free to roam about the bar. It is convenient to be holding a bottle for this. 

(5) If you know the mamasan or know that they are approachable, you can save a lot of time by asking them directly. You can sometimes quickly find out who is in that night and then decide from there.

• Moo Yung, jaybee111 and Spyder Rocket like this

#12 goondoo

goondoo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hey NanaGroup, thanks for the words of wisdom, I am looking forward to the tirp BKK in 2 weeks time and your advice wil come n handy.  Hopefully the political situation will not get worst by then.  I don't think the red shirt will do nothing after Ying Luck was asked to step down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci