Oscar Pistorious

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Did anyone watch the train wreck of Oscar's testimony?

I suspect the guy of being guilty, and I don't think his story makes any sense. Even if he did mistake his girlfriend for an intruder, he is still guilty of manslaughter or negligent homicide.

The South African court system seems bizarre to me, and I'm not sure if lesser charges are even applicable over there.

Bottom line, he was responsible for pulling the trigger and there should be consequences, just not too sure what they should be at this point.
  • Abramovich likes this

#2 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

I'm in the UK for a week and surprised at how much coverage it's getting in the news here. I guess people have got bored of search planes flying over the Indian Ocean without anything horrific or shocking to report,

The media and public had decided before the trial that Pistorious is guilty (though I'm not saying he's innocent), it's strange how the broadcasters are allowed to present it in such away - people aren't tuning in as jury members, trying to decide if he's innocent they are watching a car crash in slow motion, waiting for the moment he will crack. 

I kind of remember the same thing with the OJ Simpson trial back in the mid-90's, which I'm just old enough to recall. It seemed the same thing, everyone believed he was guilty, waiting for him to have a slip of the tongue or screw up in some way (at least the white media did), and the shock came when he was found not guilty.

• Abramovich likes this

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#3 pattayanista

pattayanista
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

Guilty as fuck.

But, as you say, might pull an OJ & get that Not Guilty verdict...

If there is one thing that is blindingly obvious from watching 'celebrity' trials (I don't), it is that you CAN get away with murder...

#4 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

The thing that amazed me with the Simpson trial was, 'If they don't fit, you must aquit.' Every winter, playing in the snow, my gloves got wet and shrunk while drying. Always thought the same about this.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#5 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

I think Oscar was really "Pist" off that night.
Nix

#6 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

The more i read, the more i think Oscar doesn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Moo Yung and Hard News like this
Nix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci