Thai A380 To London Finally...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Thai are due to start sending the A380 to Heathrow from Dec 2013 chaps....just in time for those Xmas trips!

Note, its only 1 of the 2 daily flights. The other is still on 747 equipment.

http://airlineroute..../tg-w13update1/
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#2 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

It would be nice if they re-introduced the NYC to BKK direct flight again. I hate the layovers.

#3 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the info FB which I'm sure will make many a monger happy...now I wonder what they will price it at?

The reason I say that is that Emirates charge a premium for their Dubai-BKK A380, 450 quid for normal 777 and 650 if you catch the earlier big bus. :tantrum:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#4 Mr. Doodle

Mr. Doodle
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

JFK - BKK non-stop would be awesome! Closest I can find is either EWR (Newark) - SIN then transfer or JFK - HKG and transfer. The upside is there are HKG - PKT directs and SIN - PKT directs. If I was going to stay in BKK the whole time it wouldn't really matter, though as directs would be best. Where's Thai Airways marketing folks when we need them?
Knowledge is Good - E. Faber (Animal House)

#5 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

do you know which flight offhand??
I'm not a fan of the airbus aircraft especially the 'cracked wing' A380's :redcard:
I think the company title says it all 'Airbus'...about as comfortable as sitting on a park bench :harhar:
I hated the A340's they put on while they were refurbishing the 747's, you know it's bad when you've got square ass syndrome less than 15 mins into the flight! never have such issues personally when i'm on a boeing aircraft 8)

#6 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

do you know which flight offhand??

Its the TG 910/1 rotation that will be operated by A380, which is the 0110 departure from Bangkok, and the 1230 departure from London....

#7 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

JFK - BKK non-stop would be awesome! Closest I can find is either EWR (Newark) - SIN then transfer or JFK - HKG and transfer. The upside is there are HKG - PKT directs and SIN - PKT directs. If I was going to stay in BKK the whole time it wouldn't really matter, though as directs would be best. Where's Thai Airways marketing folks when we need them?

JFK-BKK just doesn't (and didn't) make any money....and so will be very unlikely to ever come back no matter how much you talk to their marketing teams!

#8 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for the info FB which I'm sure will make many a monger happy...now I wonder what they will price it at?

The reason I say that is that Emirates charge a premium for their Dubai-BKK A380, 450 quid for normal 777 and 650 if you catch the earlier big bus. :tantrum:

From the UK the biggest factor will be the APD tax which is just going up and up....would not surprise me if it was still cheaper to take Emirates' A380 to DXB and onwards to BKK as Brits will pay less tax then on direct services...

I cant envisage any significant price difference happening between the 2 Thai services...naturally there will be some, but I do think very minor as they still need to remain competitively priced compared to the direct services of BA and EVA...even more so with more seats to fill

#9 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thanks again for the info FB. :D

Emirates are the best option at the moment as I've just paid 600 squidly dids from Dublin-Dubai-BKK.

They do have a stealth pricing though, from my location in the sandpit the connecting A380 Dubai flights do not show on the web; I had to give them the flight details and was quoted 200 above the normal fare. :tantrum:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#10 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

"If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!"
:fly:
Nix

#11 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

"If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!"
:fly:

:clapclap:
my only saving grace on the way back to blighty last time on the infernal A340 was that I was really really ill with flu, the flight attendants found me a row of seats to lie down on, put bucket loads of pillows on to make it more comfortable and blankets and gave me some paracetamol, I slept for all but 1 hour of the flight! that probably gave an indication of how ill I was to be fair...I never sleep for more than a couple of hours on those flights. my gf said to me it was thai esse fever, now I understand It's flu lol
anyway I digress...I like the 747's they have a certain majesty about them, to borrow a Jeremy Clarkson phrase 'it's pretty'. the A380 however just looks like a tub of lard and it's perpetually about to drop out of the sky. All that now happens with these monster planes is they dump 800 people or whatever at their destination and create mayhem at immigration which has the same number of staff as before these things took to the air :loco:

#12 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

I started looking at flights yesterday for Jan next year, looks like a bunch of cheap ones were released! I clocked one with thai for just under £620, that's pretty damn good for peak season travel :rock:
but then I looked at the stopoff ones and noticed Qatar air had some for £475....that's fukin incredible, never seen that price before 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci